Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Reduced power trigger return spring S2

I was curious to those who have this in the Shadow 2.  What kind of round count should I expect before some type of failure?  Had some “veteran”  S2 users tell be to be careful with this as they tend not to last very long.  I was interested to hear from those who have these and what kind of reliability you’ve had with them.  I do have a backup from CGW but wanted to have an idea of what to expect from these.  Thx

A CGW TRS was one of the first things I put in my gun.

It’s probably got 20k+ live rounds and the same amount of dry trigger pulls on it now.

Even if they lasted a fraction of that time they are so cheap & easy to replace it’s still worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one with around 10-12 k on it and I just changed it because I had it completely tore down and have heard that this spring didn’t last that long so I changed it. Kinda wondering after reading what George and Matt said if that rumor is true. 

They're great!  Way more durable than the factory ones and lighter to boot.  I've only had one break, but I dry fire quite a bit.  If you're worried about it breaking on you, just switch to a fresh one before major matches and then back to a beater spring for club matches or practice.  That way most of the rounds go on one spring and the other stays fresh.

Edited by Tanders

Also make sure to lube the sides of the trigger bar.  As the gun gets dirty, you can have problems with it not resetting if you're using a reduced power TRS because the trigger bar is dragging on the sides of the frame.

I'd install a Cajun floating trigger pin first and then carry a spare spring. If you do have to replace it, you'll have one handy and the pin will make it much easier. (Pack a punch to knock it out with just in case). And while you're at it throw an extra extractor and spring and slide stop in your bag as well.  Some fiber for your sight and you should have 90% of the insurance you'll ever need, as far as I know. If I left anything out, (other than some basic tools, cleaning, lube, etc.) please correct me.

20 hours ago, lfine said:

I'd install a Cajun floating trigger pin first and then carry a spare spring. If you do have to replace it, you'll have one handy and the pin will make it much easier. (Pack a punch to knock it out with just in case). And while you're at it throw an extra extractor and spring and slide stop in your bag as well.  Some fiber for your sight and you should have 90% of the insurance you'll ever need, as far as I know. If I left anything out, (other than some basic tools, cleaning, lube, etc.) please correct me.

Can you provide a link for the floating trigger pin? I'm not sure I understood how it works.

ANYBODY using the reduced power trigger return spring -> Any issues with resetting, or fast double taps? Any trigger freeze? 

Does it reduce the DA pull by 1 pound? 

The trigger return spring keeps the trigger pin in place.  The pin is smaller in diameter in the center, where the coiled up spring rests.  The OD of the pin where it fits into the frame is slightly smaller than the stock pin and is not a friction fit, so I can be pushed/popped out easier.  

12 hours ago, xdf3 said:

ANYBODY using the reduced power trigger return spring -> Any issues with resetting, or fast double taps? Any trigger freeze? 

Does it reduce the DA pull by 1 pound

It does noticeably improve the double action.  If you don't clean your gun very often and you use a dirty powder, you might notice some reset issues after several thousand rounds (very easily fixed by lubing the sides of the trigger bar or by cleaning out carbon build-up).  If you plan on dry-firing alot, you should definitely use the Cajun springs.  They are made of better metal than the factory TRSs, so they last a lot longer before breaking.  I think I have only broken one of them and I dry-fire a LOT.