Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Barrel Out Of The Ones Below?

mpolans

KKM. I put one in my 9mm open gun. Accuracy is awesome. One group resting on my range bag was one ragged hole at 50 feet. Kevin is super nice to boot. So far it shoots everthing that I've tried. I'd put my "cheap" barrel up against any on the market. I'd add one to my limited gun next.

I'd go KKM or STI over Brown, and even over Barsto after my last couple expereinces with their poduct. Nice folks, but the last 2 barrels I had, one was a finicky tumbler, and the other was out of spec (according to the GS). Other Barstos have been great, so it just may have been I got a couple lemons.

Personally, I'd stay away from Brown, Nowlin and other EDM / ECM barrels. Just personal preference, but they seem to be more finicky. I want something that shoots everything pretty well.

Again, all that being said, GS's seem to favor Schuemann for consistent specs, and Barsto has the big name. KKM is making in roads with good customer service and better prices. KKM or STI at about $150 are hard to beat.

There's voodoo to what barrels are good and worth twice others ($350+ for an AET??). Well fit, almost any barrel will shoot great. It matters more what your GS likes and what has the sex for you.

Again, it's free advice and almost worth what you paid for it.