Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme trigger bar polished or plated?

I was just looking at some Tanfo parts online and wondered - is that shiny Xtreme trigger bar plated (chrome, nickel, etc?) or just polished? 

That does bring up the question of how slick some of these parts could be if one were to send them out for something like NP3 coating, or maybe Micro Slick, etc. Have any of you guys tried that?

it's hard chromed, intended to be ipsc legal before they changed the rules for this year. I've had internals NP3d before, it does slick them up quite a bit, but honestly not really worth it unless you happen to be refinishing the entire gun. Polishing gets you 85-90% of the way there.

Thanks guys. Just wondering about it since it was hard to tell in the pics with not much for a description either. 

I've had NP3 parts in other guns (like a nice 1911 that was completely finished including internals with NP3) and it definitely slicks them up, but haven't tried it in a Tanfo. 

Finished the first round of polishing on my stock II frame last night, working on internals now. That hard chrome on the frame polishes nice but takes a lot of work. 

The unspoken purpose of the Extreme parts is to be silver.

So that when an IPSC competitor did minor polishing it wasn’t obvious like it would be on a black part.

There was no reason to run one in the US, where it was already completely legal to shine your black factory part up to a mirror shine.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

the last stock 2 aus. extreme  that i opened trigger bar was only polished .no coating.

90% of the work was done.  i only finished the last 10% that  E.G. custom shop forgot to do.(probably he was concern about  switch to his  new CZshadow2)😉