Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why the lack of discussion of Milled Stock II slides?

idHawk

I did a search for milled Stock II slides and was surprised at the lack of slide lightening posts.  Lots of talk about optics mounts but not a lot of discussion about cuts for reducing weight.   I’d love to see pics from anyone that has done this. I’ve always liked the feel of the Stock II and Stock III over any of the CZ offerings.  There are a few companies out there offering slide lightening cuts for the Shadow 2, but I haven’t really seen anything for the Tanfoglios.  Am I missing something, or am I just not using the correct search terms?   If I were to build a CO gun, it seems to me a milled Stock II would be the ideal pistol.   

Personally, I am waiting on the Optics Ready version of the Stock II which iirc during this year's Shotshow the EAA rep said it is suppose to start importing into the US around summer. It promised to have interchangeable adapter plates for different reddots and make weight for USPSA CO but we'll need to wait and see what end up happening.

I have 2 Stock 2s cut by PD for Carry Optics. I don't need lightening cuts to make weight. The optic cut is very deep, and the rear "super" sight weighs 1oz. These 2 easily compensated the dot weight. Unless you are running very heavy dot/grips, you really don't need additional lightening cuts.

Sent from my LG-h910 using Tapatalk

I think you don't see much about it due to most people have to send their slides away to get it done and it is not very inexpensive verses just getting a plate which makes it harder to get to weight with stock 2's and 3's. I milled my own about a year or so ago for a red dot and just recently milled the slide for lighter reciprocating weight to spend slide up alittle using 124's instead of the 147's I was using. Mines weighs 42 & 1/2 oz. now,,,

limpro1.jpg

limpro3.jpg

I think its the factory extreme for double action guns. Not 100%sure? I polished the sides and blued the rest of it for the bling!  Its been in there for a long time. All the trigger pull is in the sear and disconnector and polishing,,,