Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil springs P-10 C

fastlane604

I am using a CGW 15# spring on a CGW stainless guide rod.  I shoot 145 Bayou Round nose and N320 that run 128+ power factor.  Very accurate load but the brass drops from 0 to 2' from my feet.  Has anyone tried using a 13# spring on their P-10 C?

I recently purchased the CGW SS guide rod and the 15# flat spring for my P10F.  The only springs they have are the 15# and 18# springs.  I have not shot it yet.  I was wondering if a 1911 round style spring would work in the P10 series of guns?  That way it would be easy to go down to 13# or so.  Anyone that has some advice, please help!  Thank you!

5 hours ago, Macinaw said:

I recently purchased the CGW SS guide rod and the 15# flat spring for my P10F.  The only springs they have are the 15# and 18# springs.  I have not shot it yet.  I was wondering if a 1911 round style spring would work in the P10 series of guns?  That way it would be easy to go down to 13# or so.  Anyone that has some advice, please help!  Thank you!

Did you just buy a P09 guid rod? I don’t see a guide rod for the F on the website 

7 hours ago, Macinaw said:

Yes, bought the P09 guide rod.  Had to trim it down a little.

what did you have to trim?

also should be plenty of flat wire springs for Glocks to try, rather than  coil springs. so keep at least one thing same-same.

54 minutes ago, dr_boone said:

the P09 guide rod is about 5/16" or so too long. it sticks out the front of the gen

cutting wheel time!

actually looks pretty easy to remove the flange from the stock one and just make it an uncaptive guide rod.

Edited by rowdyb

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

what did you have to trim?

also should be plenty of flat wire springs for Glocks to try, rather than  coil springs. so keep at least one thing same-same.

The guide rod for the P09 sticks out about a half inch on the P10F. 

on my p10f, the stock guide rod is just slightly flared at its end to capture the spring. i just depressed the spring, with some effort to hold it there, and turned the guide rod against a grinder really quick. the flare was removed and voila, a perfectly fitting ss guide rod that will take other springs. for free.

6 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

on my p10f, the stock guide rod is just slightly flared at its end to capture the spring. i just depressed the spring, with some effort to hold it there, and turned the guide rod against a grinder really quick. the flare was removed and voila, a perfectly fitting ss guide rod that will take other springs. for free.

Rowdy, you the man.🍻

On 5/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, rowdyb said:

You think that will work for the P10f? I’m not sure if the diameter and length are compatible. 

1 hour ago, Superpipe9 said:

You think that will work for the P10f? I’m not sure if the diameter and length are compatible. 

Just a total guess. But $8 is a pretty cheap gamble

Cajun gun works sent me a guide rod cut for the P10f and a 15lb recoil spring. I haven’t shot much with this combo yet but so far it is a lot better than the stock recoil spring. I can keep the dot in the middle 3rd or so of the DPP. It never leaves the window but that is also with a death grip as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

just reviving this thread

i am looking for a replacement spring for my C10P. i want to shoot it in production optics but the standard spring is too hard and i need to make PF 140 ammo to get it to cycle reliably.

i have machined a steel rod but cant get a standard spring to fit, i think a flat spring is needed. unfortunately, being based in europe, no access to CZC or CGW material

does anyone know if i can adapt something else, maybe a glock spring or something?

gm