Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New shooter wanting to get into carry Optics

For someone wanting to get into the Carry Optics division, what do you consider the best pistol option? I know it’s obviously the “one you shoot the best”, but with the current weight limit rule what would be your choice? Let’s say that price is not a factor here for this particular setup. Give me some direction before I make a purchase. 

I have many pistols currently, but only one that has a red dot. It’s a Sig MK25 with a Romeo. I do not shoot this pistol often. It’s nice, but it just doesn’t fit me well. The bore axis is very high plus the added height of the red dot. This is just not a pistol I’d like to run. 

I have a CZ P10C that fits me very well. I shoot it well. So naturally I was looking at the P10-F OR version with a Delta Point. I have a 5” STI 2011 in 9mm, but it won’t make the weight limit. I have a CZ P07 that I like, but it’s not cut for a dot. I had already decided I’d have to buy a new pistol for this adventure. No twisting my arm there. 

For someone wanting to get into the Carry Optics division, what do you consider the best pistol option? I know it’s obviously the “one you shoot the best”, but with the current weight limit rule what would be your choice? Let’s say that price is not a factor here for this particular setup. Give me some direction before I make a purchase. 
Best package right now I think is p320 X5. Bull barrel and four 21 round magazines. If that new Max Mitchell Romeo 3 fits on it then it's even more so a top contender

Personally, I run a M&P CORE with apex semi fit barrel. Runs well and can vee found rather inexpensively. I shot DA/SA for a while but I like Striker fired.

I'm also very interested in that new CZ P10F which can be had for around $500.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk