Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Special Operations training.

BamBamODA

Hello fellas. 

Can anyone give me times of doing a modified ‘bill drill’. 

Variation is, from beep click on empty M4 and transition to issue pistol(G19) and complete the 6 shots in A zone @ 7m/y

If any pros can make a vid with a crushing time that would be awesome and added to my PowerPoint. 

Another:

the 1-5 drill with rifle then transition to 2 - 2 reload 2 pistol. 3 target front. The 1-5 is a three tgt front and first tgt #1 is 1 shot #2 2 #3 3 #2 4 #1 5 then transition pistol #1 2 # 2 2 # 3 reload 2

a professional running time and video would also be awesome. 

I’m no professional but generally start the timer with an additional 1.5 seconds to perform the dry trigger and tradition to pistol.  

From a level 3 that works out to about 4 seconds for me. 

Edited by hrhawk

Kyle Lamb's series of Viking Tactics videos on youtube or his website might be what you want.  If you're active duty on an ODA, look at his background for any questions on credibility.

3 hours ago, Mike H said:

Kyle Lamb's series of Viking Tactics videos on youtube or his website might be what you want.  If you're active duty on an ODA, look at his background for any questions on credibility.

Yeah I’ve done 4 of his classes. Always a good time and he’s an awesome dude. 

Im just wondering what pros could do it in. I’d like to see jerry m do this. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:11 AM, BamBamODA said:

Yeah I’ve done 4 of his classes. Always a good time and he’s an awesome dude. 

Im just wondering what pros could do it in. I’d like to see jerry m do this. 

Maybe low 2 ish´s for the billdrill ? ~ 0.4 to put the M4 to the side, 1.6 for the billdrill sounds realistic for me.  

On 5/5/2019 at 12:43 PM, bimmer1980 said:

Maybe low 2 ish´s for the billdrill ? ~ 0.4 to put the M4 to the side, 1.6 for the billdrill sounds realistic for me.  

Yeah good call. That dude is quick for sure especially clearing a retention holster but we don’t just drop the weapon on our nuts and we begin the transition once the weapon fails to fire not always gonna feel the weapon lock back especially at night on NVGs with a lot going on all around you which is established with a trigger pull and no bang(no need to look) or squishy trigger for malfunction but in the end the fastest wins. If I could get dudes to do this while walking sub 2 then they would be rock stars for sure....which means I’d have to get that fast too.... and so far we’re not even close to that for a single rifle shot then rifle dry then transition and 1 pistol shot. Practice practice practice. I’ll try dropping it but I think I’ll have some nut padding. Usually support hand guides rifle down while pistol hand goes to pistol and hands meet same time. Man the dude in the vid is still fast. 

Edited by BamBamODA

9 hours ago, BamBamODA said:

Yeah good call. That dude is quick for sure especially clearing a retention holster but we don’t just drop the weapon on our nuts and we begin the transition once the weapon fails to fire not always gonna feel the weapon lock back especially at night on NVGs with a lot going on all around you which is established with a trigger pull and no bang(no need to look) or squishy trigger for malfunction but in the end the fastest wins. If I could get dudes to do this while walking sub 2 then they would be rock stars for sure....which means I’d have to get that fast too.... and so far we’re not even close to that for a single rifle shot then rifle dry then transition and 1 pistol shot. Practice practice practice. I’ll try dropping it but I think I’ll have some nut padding. Usually support hand guides rifle down while pistol hand goes to pistol and hands meet same time. Man the dude in the vid is still fast. 

Yeah, but hey, you wanted to know what the Pro´s can do. ;)

Shannon Smith is a worldclass shooter, no doubt. It will take many years of hard work to get to that point. Just take under 3 seconds for your first goal. That would be a pretty good time in my eyes. ;)