Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accepting Charlie

On 4/21/2019 at 12:34 AM, anonymouscuban said:

Speed mode where I'm pushing my transitions and stuff...

Leaving alone "stuff", but what is stopping you from transiting between targets faster in your accuracy mode?

If you taking slow and deliberate shots to get your As it doesn't mean you have to move your gun slower from target to target. That's where you can be aggressive to decrease dead time when you are not shooting. Move away from target as soon as you called your shot and do it fast. Your sights should be driving your speed - break shoot as soon as you get acceptable sight picture. What is acceptable sight picture depends on your mode (speed vs accuracy, and also how close targets are).

Also, you can look at your match results in the PractiScore Competitor app. There is a "Time Only" mode for USPSA/IPSC/HF matches. It shows you the time-based cost of shooting C,D,etc if you could shoot them faster then that you'd be improving your HF, similarly if you could slow down a little to get As instead of Cs - you also will be improving your HF. 

Edited by euxx

You seem to be putting too much emphasis on accuracy. This often comes at the expense of speed, and speed is also important.

In production the rule of thumb is 3 alphas out of 4, or about 90 percent points shot.

Compare your points and your time to those of the match winner to see what to prioritize.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, lstange said:

You seem to be putting too much emphasis on accuracy. This often comes at the expense of speed, and speed is also important.

In production the rule of thumb is 3 alphas out of 4, or about 90 percent points shot.

Compare your points and your time to those of the match winner to see what to prioritize.

I am in the same place , I look at shooters who finish 10 spots up from me and our hits are the same, but their speed is much faster  :(

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you, I would go join PSTG for at least a month and watch some of the movement and marksmanship videos. It will give you a better idea of what you need to focus on to improve your hit factor on stages. 

• 3 weeks later...
If I were you, I would go join PSTG for at least a month and watch some of the movement and marksmanship videos. It will give you a better idea of what you need to focus on to improve your hit factor on stages. 
I joined PSTG. Really great resource. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk