Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have completed my newest project! M17R3

MadhatRR

As a homage to the Max Michel X5 Romeo3Max, and a little “can it be done” craftsmanship... (and out of a little jealousy) I created the M17R3!!!

Using a M17 slide, I was able to mount a Romeo3 directly to the slide by removing rear notch material from the slide. Once the mounting area was flat, the romeo3 almost sat perfectly on top of the screw holes that hold the rear sight in place. There was enough space to get some smaller screws through the slide and optic allowing for a secure mount. Unfortunately, I didn’t think to take any pictures during the filing process or before tightening everything up... sorry. 

So far it has held up for about 100 rounds. 

Thought I’d share it with you guys...

CBEA71A1-92A4-4189-974E-291845B249AB.jpeg

D7389EF1-2D0D-41BA-B0E6-57782D7A7A76.jpeg

8F362D57-5699-4D1A-A35A-840616EE2A1F.jpeg

4EF016ED-B38B-4766-A5B8-54F272C68DB8.jpeg

ADEF03F3-E959-44BA-B8EB-7DBCF37C88D8.jpeg

*edited the name, don’t want to upset anyone 

Edited by MadhatRR
Another name change!!!

The romeo3 is long. It butts up against the front pretty tight, but doesn’t extend past the rear of the slide. That is the X5 grip module, I’ll have to remove the magwell for CO.

a belt sander helped get me started, but I finished with a file. There’s not much material to remove, the M17 is precut for optics from the factory. So it really wasn’t too bad.

I did call around but no shop would touch it, just a “one off” job wasn’t worth it a guess. 

Thanks everyone. I was nervous as crap while doing this, that’s for sure. If I messed up, there goes the slide! 

I would really like to get the R3 on the X5 slide, but that would definitely need to be done by a shop. More material to remove and it would need new holes tapped. 

I was able to keep the loaded chamber indicator on the M17, the R3 holds it perfectly.