Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to Limited from Production

Tabasco

It'll take a little to get used to shooting Major but not much. You're going to have to dial things up a notch too.  This might mean being more aggressive, more shooting on the move, less stopping. Trying to blend shooting positions together. The goal being to essentially be shooting constantly.

Make up shots are still bad, sure you might come into a position with 8 pieces of steel and have 15+ rounds in the gun. But if you take 5 or 6 make up shots you're going to be way off the pace for the stage. The HHF's are going to be higher so the extra time you add taking make up shots is going to hurt more then loosing the same amount of time in a minor low cap division.

7 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

The HHF's are going to be higher so the extra time you add taking make up shots is going to hurt more then loosing the same amount of time in a minor low cap division.

To me this was one of the main reasons why I  switched to Limited from Production.  

Moving from production was an “ah ha” moment in itself.. lol.

Stage planning is easier, there is more competition, and 21 rounds in the mag are all very nice things..

That being said, I really do like shooting Production because it’s a challenge to try and catch up to the hi cap guys. Good feeling to beat a limited or other hi cap shooter too lol. There just isn’t any competition unless you are only shooting majors, and even then it seems (for me) it’s only L3 matches or a ways to travel to get a good number of Prod shooters to compete against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Mig233 said:

I’m actually thinking of switching myself. I’m glad to see that so far the biggest difference people are noticing is mag capacity. I will be shooting limited 10, bc I’m in nj, the 10 rd limit is identical for me. 

The biggest difference is NOT mag capacity. 

2 minutes ago, Mig233 said:

Ok, well it seems most of the replies mention mag capacity. 

One reply also mentions HHF, but I don’t know that acronym. I’m new here. 

in your opinion, what are the biggest differences?

The biggest difference is recoil control as  I said at the beginning  of this thread. If you decide to switch to Limited shooting major PF, make sure to work on  your recoil control skills. Shooting major fast is more difficult than minor.  

10 minutes ago, cheby said:

The biggest difference is recoil control as  I said at the beginning  of this thread. If you decide to switch to Limited shooting major PF, make sure to work on  your recoil control skills. Shooting major fast is more difficult than minor.  

Ah, yes. Def makes sense between minor and major. I’m making the switch from a 320 legion (9mm obviously) to a Cz tso .40. And I shoot the cz much better than the legion. In fact, I sold the legion and am going to shoot the tso in limited. 

Not sure why i shoot the tso so much better, I think it’s the trigger more than anything. 

Edited by Mig233