Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster question?

svinson

I'm going to start shooting IDPA. I carry AIWB, so I need to get an OWB holster. (Love all the acronyms!) I've heard different answers about whether Red Hill Tactical's Competition holster is IDPA legal. Does anyone know for sure. Here is the link if that helps: https://www.redhilltactical.com/CZ-Competition-Holsters_p_14.html

Also, I'm open to other suggestions for holsters. I'm going to be using a CZ 75B. I will also be using this holster for USPSA initially. (Going to start shooting that too.)

RHT holster.png

From that picture it looks like it is too low for IDPA:

8.5 Holsters

H. For male shooters, the holster must carry firearm so that the entire front strap (to the trigger guard) is at or

above the top of the belt. IWB holsters are exempt from this rule.

They may have a different hanger that will raise it up.

I read a post on here and it said you need to put in the comments to make the holster idpa legal.

I'd go with Master Tac. I see their gift cards on the prize tables all the time. The holsters look nicer too. IMO

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Master-Tac will happily make your holster with a Tech-lock. The combat loop default is the same screw pattern as the tech-lock, just works slightly differently. Email him, or message him on Facebook. Tell him Evan sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, ewthursby said:

Master-Tac will happily make your holster with a Tech-lock. The combat loop default is the same screw pattern as the tech-lock, just works slightly differently. Email him, or message him on Facebook. Tell him Evan sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. Will do. Thanks!

I went from a comp tac holster to a red hill tactical. I took the belt hanger off my comp tac and put on the red hill, it’s blade tech pattern. You can’t have the thumb screws, but you can order it with regular screws. Meets all IDPA requirements. The red hill is a solid holster, there is no flex what so ever, it’s double layered kydex.

Edited by SSGGlock