Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AA x holster insert question

IDAHOAASHOOTER

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dane460 said:

I was told to use the SV insert like sarge said, I have the PT insert and the Cheely was tight 

They told me today by dAA  to use PT block for PT an ck ss grips. been running Sti for 3 yrs but it’s starting to hang up. 

1 hour ago, 36873687 said:

They told me today by dAA  to use PT block for PT an ck ss grips. been running Sti for 3 yrs but it’s starting to hang up. 

Well ccgunworks and DAA told me to use SV STEEL insert for CK legacy grip and it was perfect. I sanded and sanded on a STI insert and it always hung up. PT and CK have different dimensions so DAA advice is not correct UNLESS there is a difference in the new E2 compared to legacy.

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Well ccgunworks and DAA told me to use SV STEEL insert for CK legacy grip and it was perfect. I sanded and sanded on a STI insert and it always hung up. PT and CK have different dimensions so DAA advice is not correct UNLESS there is a difference in the new E2 compared to legacy.

I’m just telling him what they told me.i have older racemaster but the blocks are the same. An I have legacy grip an classic pt grips worked great till last match. 

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

e5cm6Ex.png

2 hours ago, echotango said:

Filed my sti for my evo's and have never had an issue since. Hung up prior to filing. I think if you start with an sti, you can make it fit any steel grip. 

I have my Sti block sanded and working great till a turn an draw. U got pictures of wear to file

22 minutes ago, 36873687 said:

g0cVPsx.jpgRight there?

Yes, on the bottom portion. Put it against the grip and you can see where you need to remove some to fit in the tg. You can color your tg/grip black with a marker and put it all together and pull it in and out and it'll wear on the black part and you'll see where to take a little more off. If I remember correctly I didn't even take the block out to do the final touches. 

Edited by echotango

23 minutes ago, echotango said:

Yes, on the bottom portion. Put it against the grip and you can see where you need to remove some to fit in the tg. You can color your tg/grip black with a marker and put it all together and pull it in and out and it'll wear on the black part and you'll see where to take a little more off. If I remember correctly I didn't even take the block out to do the final touches. 

Thank u. I did the   Corners Not to much on bottom. I’ll try that. 

PT would have needed some "love", I called Matt and he said the SV metal is the way to go. It was tight until about 40 draws in during dry fire. Broke right in perfectly. 

So moral of the story if your ordering a AA x holater get the SV metal if you run the e2 cheely!