Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson ETM-V Mags

RGC

Flat wire spring is what the WC site says. 

I've never had enough issues with cheap .45 magazines to make me want to spend premium money on them. 

Is magazine rigidity, or dirt getting into them an issue with you? That would be the only reason I could see to spend the extra coin.

Funny how cutting a process out of the manufacturing increases the price. 

I've been running the original ETM 45 mags for years and years.  They work flawlessly in all my pistols.  The oldest four fed 44,000 rounds into my oldest 1911 without a failure, without ever adjusting feed lips of springs.  I didn't believe the lifetime guarantee on the springs and followers, so I bought replacements.  They have been sitting unused in a closet for the last seven years.  Two years ago I bought four more for a new 1911.  I like them much better than Chip McCormack mags.  For the $25-$28 bucks each I paid for them it was well worth it.    I can't see paying double for something that is supposedly better, especially since their new ETM 10 round mags are a disaster.

For 10 round 9mm mags I've had excellent luck with Metalform. Inexpensive, they work and they last.

Brownells also sells 10 round 9mm mags that get good reviews, and it's been said that they're Metalform mags with a black coating. I ha e no way of verifying this. Just what I e read on the interwebz mb

2 hours ago, RGC said:

Well, seeing as I am looking for potential 10round 9mm Tripp replacements, your comment that their 10 rnd  ETM being a disaster is a little disconcerting...

Sorry, I still think 45 for 1911s.  I was speaking of their 10 round 45 mags.  I have no idea how their 9mm mags work.  I was warned off them, so I went with the Brownell's 9mm mags for the 1911 Open gun I'm building (Steel Challenge).

Edited by zzt

Yes, read that one awhile back.  I have run Tripps and DP's for the past 5yrs with MOSTLY success...the ETM-V's intrigued me as a possible solution to dirt entering the mags in sandy practice runs.

Yeah!

Dirt is still going to get in the mag if it's dropped in sand or mud.

May be easier to have 6 more reasonably priced mags to use during practice.

Then if needed clean them all and start practicing again.

Fwiw

Edited by jcc7x7