Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
DianabolandDeadlifts

G34 Gen 5 Mag release

Just picked up a Gen 5 G34 and the mag release is short, nothing like the OEM release in my Gen 3 G34. I don't like it all. What are you guys working with that is USPA/production IDPA/SSP legal? Thanks in advance.

I agree. The factory Gen 3's were fine with me. The 4s/5s are larger, but don't protrude as much. 

I've run the Glock FBI release and the Tangodown by Vickers. I prefer the Vickers. 

I have the “FBI” one on mine as I also use it for GSSF stock division (must be all Glock parts) 

the Vickers May go on my New Limited build as the FBI is only 1mm more protrusion 

I agree they are too short.  I have installed the factory extended mag releases in mine.  There are compatible with the Gen 4/5 guns.  Its like a $6 part and probably only 1/6"" longer.  I am not into super extendo controls anyway like on some guns.  

If your interested:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/946894/glock-extended-magazine-release-glock-17-19-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-31-32-33-34-35-37-38-39-gen-4-reversible-polymer-black

Posted (edited)

I don't really like talking negatively about a product I've personally never tried so I won't but I will say two shooters I know both had issues with all metal releases after heavy use and went back to all plastic.  The one I saw up close looked like it was damaging the notch in the mags themselves where it locks in.

Edited by NWfront

I have the NDZ Performance Gen 5 extended mag release for my G34 Gen 5. They sell a couple different lengths. Mine is most extended. It is aluminum.  $15.  I have not noticed any problems with it, but I have only put a couple hundred rounds through the gun since installing it.  Good purchase and extended enough to get on it well.