Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Posting pics

Don_B

I have never posted any pic on here and have decided it is time to learn how to do it. But I have not been able to find any instructions. Can someone help me without saying "try the search function" because I tried that already. šŸ˜€

Well here is how I DO IT.

take a pic and email it to myself ,then download it on PC, then I can post it here.

Ā For video you can load on YouTube then copy and paste from there to here.

Ā  Only thing I can not do is take a pic or video on iPhone and load directly here

41 minutes ago, Don_B said:

I have never posted any pic on here and have decided it is time to learn how to do it. But I have not been able to find any instructions. Can someone help me without saying "try the search function" because I tried that already. šŸ˜€

Ā 

I do it from my cellphone (iPhone) very easily.

Ā 

Download an app that will resize photos. The one I use is literally named ā€œResize Imageā€ and shrink your photo to 900 x 900 or smaller.

Ā 

Itā€™ll then be small enough you can easily upload them to Enos.

Ā 

All modern smartphones take images far too large for the forumā€™s maximum file size. You just have to shrink them first.

Ā 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Ā 

I do it from my cellphone (iPhone) very easily.

Ā 

Download an app that will resize photos. The one I use is literally named ā€œResize Imageā€ and shrink your photo to 900 x 900 or smaller.

Ā 

Itā€™ll then be small enough you can easily upload them to Enos.

Thanks Memphis. I'll have to try that out. Does any such thing exist for videos?

For android I use an app called Photo & Picture Resizer". I have compressed many photos for posting here and other sites. It has the abikity to compress videos though I have never used that function.Ā 

If you are using an android device and Google Chrome, click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Scroll down till you see the "Desktop site" with a check box. Click the check box, the page will reload, looking exactly like viewing the site on a desktop computer.Ā 

Ā 

When posting a picture, scroll down below the post box, you will see "Drag files here to attach, or choose files". The max file size is 511mb, so you shouldn't be having to resize anything. This picture is 5mb, and has not been resized in any way.Ā 

20180605_095858.jpg

35 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Thanks Memphis. I'll have to try that out. Does any such thing exist for videos?

Ā 

DownloadĀ iMovie for free.

Ā 

Import your clip, trim the dead air off the ends, then save/Export it. When you save it, itā€™ll ask you to choose a resolution. 640 saves a ton of space over HD and is small enough you can email the video. If itā€™s short!

2 minutes ago, Don_B said:

Thank you for the information.

Just loaded the Resize ImageĀ app and see that is costs $4.99 a month. I will not use this very often so I think I will look for a different app.Ā 

Wait, it cost money. The App Store on my iPhone had no pricing listed so I just clickedā€getā€?Ā 

Of course itā€™s not working so maybe thatā€™s why?

Press and hold on the appā€™s icon til little Xs pop up next to them all and they start dancing. You can now drag icons into a new order on the screen to rearrange, or tap the X to delete that app.

Ā 

Press theĀ homeĀ button to return to normal when finished.

Ā 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Press and hold on the appā€™s icon til little Xs pop up next to them all and they start dancing. You can now drag icons into a new order on the screen to rearrange, or tap the X to delete that app.

Ā 

Press theĀ homeĀ button to return to normal when finished.

Ā 

šŸ‘