Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320x5 FO Insert Size

mich3210

I'm trying to figure out what size FO Insert is in the stock Dawson Precision front sight on an X-Five. I'm thinking about picking one up, and the first thing I want to do is change out the greeon FO front for a red. Any help you guys can provide would be great. I tried searching on the web, but fell short.

Thanks!

By the way, it’s extremely simple to drill out the front sight to .060 and install a larger, more easily available fiber which is much brighter than the stock one. Many of my friends who run the X5 in competition have done this. One of them works for TRUGLO and gave me the idea.

16 hours ago, Archer said:

By the way, it’s extremely simple to drill out the front sight to .060 and install a larger, more easily available fiber which is much brighter than the stock one. Many of my friends who run the X5 in competition have done this. One of them works for TRUGLO and gave me the idea.

hmmmm.... might have to try that.

How does it affect your accuracy on the more distant targets?

How distant?  I'm not trying to hit 6" plates at 50m.  IDPA head boxes at 25 yards, no problem.  But I should note that red dots in general have been a personal game changer for me on the longer shots, and I'm not playing with irons in gun games so much these days..

Edited by Archer

• 8 months later...
On 1/13/2019 at 1:24 AM, Archer said:

this is interesting, do you have more info on the procedure for how to drill?

1 hour ago, Tango said:

this is interesting, do you have more info on the procedure for how to drill?

Get a .060 drill bit or 1/16 will work and chuck it up and go, the sight is your drill guide.

Get fancy and use one size up drill bit by hand and chamfer the hole.

Install new .060 fiber optic rod. melt ends, done.

Takes longer to tell you, than to do it.

Don't over think it