Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel Fitment

Chip3

Picked up a cheap threaded barrel to play with on a 19. It fits tighter than the factory barrel. Have never swapped a barrel before and am concerned that the slide may wear to the cheap tighter fitting barrel making the factory barrel fit even looser. It is an MOS slide so I do not want to screw it up. Something to worry about or just shoot it?

On 1/11/2019 at 3:12 PM, Chip3 said:

"Shoot it. It will be fine" Thanks

"What Brand Barrel?"

This amazing $51 delivered masterpiece.

http://www.combatarmory.com/combat-armory-barrel-fits-glock-19-stainless-new-9mm-match-grade-barrel-threaded/

Not something I want to make a long term commitment to or alter my slide by using.

Doesnt look like a bad barrel. Interested to see how it works out for ya. I’d have to go back and look at the threaded barrel in my 19. I don’t remember the brand. 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:06 AM, Chip3 said:

It fits tighter than the factory barrel

Tighter can be better. People frequently pay a lot of money to get a tight fitting barrel. If everything locks up and functions OK, should be GTG. And wearing out a slide should be a badge of honor.

"My question is why buy it if you were iffy about them??"

Lot of positive reviews made me feel okay about purchasing it. Bought it to try a comp and figured give it a try and If it didn't like a comp, I wasn't out much. Really had no concerns until I noticed the tighter than stock fit and though that if the slide were to wear to the barrel that could cause problems down the road if I swapped back. Also do not expect a $50 barrel to last as long as a factory or KKM etc so hence the reason for not wanting to wear the slide to the cheap barrel if that is possible.

Everything about the barrel looks okay. Rounds fit okay, gun goes into battery. Rifling looks shallow and the finish could be better but it is what I would expect at the price point. Will post up results compared to stock when I get a chance to shoot it. 

On 1/19/2019 at 9:33 AM, dskinsler83 said:

Not sure what the assumed issue with the barrel is, after following your link I picked up a G19 threaded and G17 standard.  Both fit great and fuction correctly. 

" tighter than stock fit and thought that if the slide were to wear to the barrel that could cause problems down the road if I swapped back.  not wanting to wear the slide to the cheap barrel if that is possible."

Could turn out to be a great barrel and hope it works well for you. My only concern was if the slide would wear to the tighter barrel

take15 will get you 15% off if anyone else decides to try them out.