Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Rounds In 120 Mm Sti Magazin For Ipsc?

lukipsc

Hi, I have 3 magazines for my STI, they are 120 tall and I need to tuned it.

What combinations, or kits can you recommend me for IPSC Standard(Limited). Thanks guys.

With Bull Base pad or Dawson base pad and Arredondo or Svi follower i can have 17 rounds without any troubles and in one I have 18 rounds.

Thanks buddy

• 1 month later...

Here's a cool trick. SPS 120mm mags, Rescomp Basepads (minus the locking plate), and SV follower-spring = 19 rounds RELOADABLE. It takes a bit of doing...and sometimes things don't come together just right, but when they do, they work great. Rob used one during the whole WS, and I never saw it stop working. Or you can track down the mystery man in Brazil, and pay $175+ for a far superior design.

Phil

I went with Bevins Grams kit from Shooters Connection and I can start with 21 and reload to 19 safetly. Cost me about $50 for the kit. Well worth it.

Or you can send the mag to Bevins himself and he charges about $88 a mag to guarantee a reloadable 20. You supply the mag. The wait is about 8 weeks.

I just noticed ..... Are your mags 120 or 140?

I was talking about 140's in .40 cal

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a cool trick. SPS 120mm mags, Rescomp Basepads (minus the locking plate), and SV follower-spring = 19 rounds RELOADABLE. It takes a bit of doing...and sometimes things don't come together just right, but when they do, they work great. Rob used one during the whole WS, and I never saw it stop working. Or you can track down the mystery man in Brazil, and pay $175+ for a far superior design.

Phil

who is the mystery man in Brazil?

olp

Phil

who is the mystery man in Brazil?

olp

Who is John Galt?

Phil

Hi Phil,

19? Seriously?? how many coils to cut on that? do u have a measurement as to how thin the SV follower should be? i can get 18 reloadable on my STI 126mm mag. thanks alot!!

Phil

I may not be the mystery man, but I have two of his mags.

Did j'all see my mags in Front Site? That pic of Phil, the first two on the belt are my Brazilian 19 rounders.

MY MAGS ARE FAMOUS!!!

Yes, after that and the world shoot I bought them back. Friggin' Phil wouldn't even autograph them for me <_<

Just kidding. How'd they run for you?

As far as the SPS mags, I don't think Rob cut the springs at all. Not the one I saw. Pretty neat trick, if you ask me.

Sorry Eric! I guess I should've dremeled my name in them for you. Isn't that just typical? I finally get into that damn magazine, and the first thing you notice is my magazines! DAMN! :lol:

Laters,

Phil