Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
RaylanGivens

Classifier ReShoot Clarification

2 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

I believe you are missing something.

shooter Bob enters match and shoots stages, then asks to reshoot the classifier,  do not go to Bob on the tablet and re-score his run, Create a new match entry for Bob and score his second run on the classifier under that entry.  Now at the end of the match there will be 2 shooters named Bob in the results one will have shot all the stages and one will only have shot the second run on the classifier.  The second run for Bob scored in the second entry will not combine with the first entry unless you go in and mark both as walk on's and tell them to combine, do not do that. 

so this is not a mulligan and the last score is not over writing the first, it is a second entry in the match that only shoots 1 stage.

The only way Bobs second run will affect match results in any way is if Bobs second run on the classifier is the division win for that stage. 

I believe one of us is missing something.

Shooter Bob shoots the match...  Shooter Bob shoots the match well but zeros the classifier...  Later on shooter Bob grabs an RO and a match tablet, but probably not the same match tablet, and reshoots the classifier...  Shooter Bob shoots the classifier much better this time.

Shooter Leo is in the same division as shooter Bob...  Shooter Leo shoots well and wins the division...

However!!!  Shooter Bob's second classifier reshoot has a later timestamp and overwrites his initial zero classifier score...  Now shooter Bob wins the division and the trophy...  That's what I call affecting the match results.

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

I believe one of us is missing something.

Shooter Bob shoots the match...  Shooter Bob shoots the match well but zeros the classifier...  Later on shooter Bob grabs an RO and a match tablet, but probably not the same match tablet, and reshoots the classifier...  Shooter Bob shoots the classifier much better this time.

Shooter Leo is in the same division as shooter Bob...  Shooter Leo shoots well and wins the division...

However!!!  Shooter Bob's second classifier reshoot has a later timestamp and overwrites his initial zero classifier score...  Now shooter Bob wins the division and the trophy...  That's what I call affecting the match results.

Yes that is what would happen if done as described, and that is IMHO the wrong way to go about it. 

What should happen is shooter Bob (or more properly, the MD or his delegate) creates a new match entry for shooter Bob and he then shoots the classifier again under this new entry. this eliminated the problem you describe, as now Bob had 1 match entry with all the stages including a zeroed classifier, and a separate entry with only the classifier stage shot. 

So now in your 2 shooter match example  you end up with Leo winning, as he should, followed by Bob's original entry, with the zeroed classifier, with Bobs second entry with only the classifier reshoot bringing up the rear. 

19 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

Yes that is what would happen if done as described, and that is IMHO the wrong way to go about it.

Agreed, but sometimes things like that happen.

What should happen is shooter Bob (or more properly, the MD or his delegate) creates a new match entry for shooter Bob and he then shoots the classifier again under this new entry. this eliminated the problem you describe, as now Bob had 1 match entry with all the stages including a zeroed classifier, and a separate entry with only the classifier stage shot.

PractiScore now keeps two identical shooters separate?

I seem to remember PractiScore combining scores for two identical shooters...  Apparently that is no longer the case...  Apparently PractiScore now throws a Globally Unique IDentifier into the mix to keep shooters separate...  Good to know.

7 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

sometimes things like that happen

Things like that happening is a local, people problem. Not an uspsa, software or practiscore problem.

13 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

PractiScore now keeps two identical shooters separate?

Always did. Unless you have walk-ins enabled and "identical" shooters are registered as walk-ins. Walk-ins are disabled by default (since about couple years now).

13 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

I seem to remember PractiScore combining scores for two identical shooters...  Apparently that is no longer the case...  Apparently PractiScore now throws a Globally Unique IDentifier into the mix to keep shooters separate...  Good to know.

You are remembering walk-ins, not regular shooters. The formers can be registered on multiple tablets without syncing (or even network connection between devices being available). The latter has to be synced between devices to maintain identity.

14 hours ago, euxx said:

Always did. Unless you have walk-ins enabled and "identical" shooters are registered as walk-ins. Walk-ins are disabled by default (since about couple years now).

You are remembering walk-ins, not regular shooters. The formers can be registered on multiple tablets without syncing (or even network connection between devices being available). The latter has to be synced between devices to maintain identity.

Ah...  I suspect that's it...  Thanks for the clarifications Mike and Eugene...  I'm not sure our Match Directors will start offering Classifier reshoots again, but it's nice to know that they are legal and that PractiScore is set up to handle them... 

Do most matches offer Classifier reshoots?  When we used to offer reshoots, we would have about 5 or 6 reshoots out of a match size of 72 shooters...  Mostly people that missed a reload...  gun malfunction...  no-shoots...  that kind of thing.

I've never been to a local match that wouldn't let you do it. Pay the money they ask for, ask nicely and do it when it's convenient. Now sometimes I've had to beg a little, promise to tear down to the very end or whatever cajoling was needed. But they did it.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:49 PM, RaylanGivens said:

Do most matches offer Classifier reshoots?  When we used to offer reshoots, we would have about 5 or 6 reshoots out of a match size of 72 shooters...  Mostly people that missed a reload...  gun malfunction...  no-shoots...  that kind of thing.

Of the 5 clubs within 2 hrs of me, I think all will allow the occasional classifier reshoot most of the time. It wouldn't bother me if a club didn't feel like hassling with it however. When in doubt, do like rowdyb suggests, beg a little and offer to do more than your share of teardown.