Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Czechmate

clw42

I was wondering if anyone that has a Czechmate is using the RMR In house 124gr JHPs in their factory throated barrels?  I use their FMJs and Flat Point Match Winners in my S2 and they run great.  I used some in the Czechmate with the sight tracker and they also ran great in that.  Now I've got the comp on it and I'd rather avoid leading it up using the bare back FMJs.  I know I can go with PD if necessary, but I'm a fan of RMR.  Now that does mean I'd be shooting 124s and not 115s so there's also that, but I'm okay with it for now.  Maybe I'll try 115s at some point, but I have all winter to make that decision. 

Also got Henning grips on the way.  That's really the only thing I think I'm going to change right away.  Some folks have complained about the stock trigger, but mine is really good.  There's virtually no take up, and the break is very crisp.  I wouldn't mind a little more of a tactile reset, but it's not bad...at least not bed enough to want to buy a new hammer, sear and or trigger.  I may put the S2 safety on it, but I don't really have a problem with the factory safety either.  Not sure on that yet.  Oh, and mine came with a thubrest for the new style C-More mount, the thin version for the threaded holes on the mount.  Naturally, I pre-ordered one from Sebo so I'll have two of those.  I got that because I saw in another thread that someone didn't get one in their kit.

I was originally torn between the Czechmate and a 2011.  I ended up going with the CZ, because I really love the platform (S2, SP-01, 97BD, PCR).  I can do just about anything to them (not Kneeling Atlas level) with regards to servicing and racing them up, so it was really the natural choice.  Not to mention the fact that you get so much more for your money.  As I said in another thread, I'm not going to win any tournaments, so it really didn't make any sense for me to spend more that what the CM cost.

I tested the RMR 124 JHP in my reamed barrel vs PD, MG and EG

RMR has the “worst” profile for making long OAL as they are less pointed than the others. This may make them more accurate of course as they have about 15 thousandths more of the bullet in contact with the rifling.

Anyway, with my throated barrel I was able to load them to 1.168, about .010 less than the PD (although much more will be too long for the mags). I ended up going with the PDs as I thought the more pointed profile gave me more of a safety cushion for getting longer OAL.

I also compared the bullets for weight and length consistency. And price of course.

Thanks.  That's pretty much what I expected based on the photos of them on their website.  I can currently plunk and spin to 1.143 with their FMJ and with the JHPs I currently have (though I can't recall or find which brand).  I figured I'd end up with PD in order to load a little longer.

6 hours ago, yigal said:

this saves to cz  factory  a few more dollars.😄

cz policy one step forward and 2 back.😉

Yes, some of it is frustrating.  I would much prefer the S2 style mag release.  And you would think that their flagship open gun would get all of the 'upgrades' but that doesn't seem to be the case.

21 minutes ago, George16 said:

That has an old style trigger guard used by the older and the newest TSO.

I have a TSO with that trigger guard while my cm has the new thinner .trigger guard

I'm not picky about the trigger guard.  The CM I have has a very similar grip to my S2, so I'm pleased with the ergonomics. 

Working on my 9 major loads now with a Chrono on the way.  Using some JHPs I found that are very similar in profile to the RMR round nose.  I can load them to 1.143 and I'm currently using WAC.  I think I might try HS-6 as well, but I'll have to go out and get some.  One thing I like about WAC is that it doesn't fill the case.  Of course, I'm guessing that means less gas to work the comp.

Also got my Henning grips.  Those are on and feel great! 

2 hours ago, George16 said:

I’m using 115 Gr RMR FMJ Rn and precision delta 115 JHP.

No, my barrel hasn’t been throated or reamed. 

Excellent, thanks.  I just bought some PD 115gr JHPs.  Curious to see if they load to near your 1.155  I'm guessing it will be close since I'm currently at 1.143 with 124gr bullets.

• 4 months later...

Got another question.

Has anyone tried a recoil buffer on their CM?  I have a bunch of them from my S2, and I figured I'd give it a try in the CM.  I have no idea what to expect, so I thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has already tried this and failed...or succeeded.  If not, I'll report back on Monday.  I should be able to get to the range to test it between now and then.

• 4 weeks later...

So I threw the S2 buffer into the CM, and it ran pretty well.  I'm having nose dive issues, but I think that's mag related so those will be getting tuned.  The buffer definitely dampens some of the felt recoil.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone blended their frame and factory magwell?  I'm thinking about doing that also.  I was going to buy the CZC magwell, but I don't really mind the one from the factory (Aside from the fact that the frame isn't blended).

3 hours ago, George16 said:

I haven’t blended the magwell on my CM yet but did it on my TSO. Both guns use the same CZ magwell. 

That looks fantastic.  Is that the factory magwell?  I'm not brave enough to use a dremel.  I'll hand file mine and then polish with sand paper.

3 minutes ago, clw42 said:

That looks fantastic.  Is that the factory magwell?  I'm not brave enough to use a dremel.  I'll hand file mine and then polish with sand paper.

Thanks.

Yes, it’s the factory magwell. Just make sure you go slow. I used a 320 grit  sanding drum initially and then went to 600, 800 and finally 1000.

10 hours ago, George16 said:

Thanks.

Yes, it’s the factory magwell. Just make sure you go slow. I used a 320 grit  sanding drum initially and then went to 600, 800 and finally 1000.

Perfect, thanks!!!

Okay, I decided to get the CZC magwell as I was having some trouble keeping the factory one in place.  I should have thought to ask here first as George and yigal both had very good methods of achieving this.  In any case, I do like the fit of the CZC magwell, it's near perfect, and I can likely go without blending, at least until winter comes and I get bored.

On the flip side, my grips are now too short.  I was under the impression that the CZC magwell required shorter grips, not longer ones.  Can someone confirm?  Just curious, because I have to get new one's and I want to make sure I get the right thing.  As a matter of fact, when I called CZC last week, the guy I talked to (not Stuart), said I'd need the shorter grips, so I'm a little confused.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the little springs that go on the back of the sear assembly?  Lost one today.  Totally forgot to take them off before cleaning it.

Also, can you run without it?  Just curious because my Shadow 2 doesn't have them.

10 hours ago, clw42 said:

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the little springs that go on the back of the sear assembly?

They are called ejector springs, $2 each from CZ USA and same for CM, TS and TSO.  No idea if you can run without them. 

image.png.8913f3b5896d126f2c4eb6cbec064d1f.png

35 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

They are called ejector springs, $2 each from CZ USA and same for CM, TS and TSO.  No idea if you can run without them. 

image.png.8913f3b5896d126f2c4eb6cbec064d1f.png

Thanks.  Of course CZ USA doesn't have them.  Luckily CZC does.