Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lynx 12 Open Build

hump

• 1 month later...

Finished the build and shot 3 matches so far. Total round now is 1k. It is completely reliable with AA 1200 fps shells and the accuracy with slugs is better than any shotgun I have owned. 

I have about $1300 in the gun and 3 mags. Still need to get at least one 20 rd mag. 

20190103_173540.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up one of these from Centerfire Systems when they had a deal where you bought one, and you got an SAS12 for free.

I've only taken to the range once so far, and was only able to shoot slugs, but no issues and it shot great. Overall I was impressed.

Been thinking about making some changes, but it's really just a range toy for me, at this time, so hard to justify the cost right now. I'm sure I will at some point.

How do you like the magwell?

4 hours ago, Elgin said:

I picked up one of these from Centerfire Systems when they had a deal where you bought one, and you got an SAS12 for free.

I've only taken to the range once so far, and was only able to shoot slugs, but no issues and it shot great. Overall I was impressed.

Been thinking about making some changes, but it's really just a range toy for me, at this time, so hard to justify the cost right now. I'm sure I will at some point.

How do you like the magwell?

The magwell works great. You have to modify the mags but this is a fairly simple job. Is you gas setting on 4?  It should cycle normal 1200 fps shells out of the box. Also check to see if the dust cover is contacting the bolt when it is at the back of its travel. I had to work on this area. 

Very cool. I was thinking the magwell would be my first change, but wasn't sure if it was worth the price. I stink at mag changes with this thing. Haven't had much AK experience.

I should clarify. I was only able to shoot slugs because of the range restrictions, not because of the gun. I have no doubt it will chew through most anything I feed it. Thanks for the tip on the cover, I'll have to check it out!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Over the years R&R Targets has done customization on saiga type shotgun...shot with them at Minn. Shotgun classic and Pro-Am in Kentucky....they have or had a lot of extras that you can get or have them install but I have not heard from them lately.