Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

replacing 550c?

I had a 650 years ago and it was a rare event when I could run a hundred rounds without a stoppage of some kind. When it did run it was a wonderful thing.

That said, it was replaced with an old RL1050,,,,,,,AMAZING machine!! It now sits beside a Super1050. Both are doing very well. For a few bucks more and you can have the best machine Dillon makes and never look back. 

54 minutes ago, hgr2 said:

I had a 650 years ago and it was a rare event when I could run a hundred rounds without a stoppage of some kind. When it did run it was a wonderful thing.

That said, it was replaced with an old RL1050,,,,,,,AMAZING machine!! It now sits beside a Super1050. Both are doing very well. For a few bucks more and you can have the best machine Dillon makes and never look back. 

A few bucks more?!? That’s hilarious. I rarely have an issue with my 650. The ONLY reason I’d even consider a 1050 is swaging . So much 9mm brass is crimped these days.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, ddc said:

I don't see the point of a progressive machine that doesn't progress., lol.

Auto-index in other words.

(That's my attempt at humor for the day.) 

Mr. DILLON explained it to me that is like a manual transmission compared to an automatic. I can get 500 an hour easy, but I only have 5 primer tubes.

9 hours ago, rustybayonet said:

Mr. DILLON explained it to me that is like a manual transmission compared to an automatic. I can get 500 an hour easy, but I only have 5 primer tubes.

Yeah 500/hour should be fairly straightforward. For pistol anyway; don't know about rifle. 

I have 6 tubes but I hardly ever go through all 6 in a single session as my attention starts to wander around 300 and maybe earlier if I'm not really into it that day, lol...

The one time I did I finished well within an hour. 

Edited by ddc
typo

On 10/24/2018 at 4:51 PM, ddc said:

I don't see the point of a progressive machine that doesn't progress., lol.

Auto-index in other words.

(That's my attempt at humor for the day.) 

It depends upon the amount of progression you want out of your progressive press. My press is configured to where there is no progression at all.

Does that mean that I'm not forward thinking enough in my re-loading?  ?

I had a 650, went through a move at one point and had sell all my reloading equipment...

Then when I started over, I bought a 550C, its a fine machine... but if I had it to do over again I'd have bought the 650.

At this stage, I'm going to sell my Redding T7 and use that to help fund a 650 purchase.