Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Had To Do It!

BEDELLCUSTOM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool piece. The top cuts are different. I like the single line cut in the dust cover, the fact that the front and rear cocking serrations are not a like and the fronts are 2 cuts mixed together. The blue finish is a plus. What does the slide wieght on it. With the larger front cocking serrations and the tracker cut it should be pretty light?

wait till you see the 9mm single stack he's working on now. hope it puts this one to shame (hint, hint).

Keep up the good work Dan.

BTw, i think he's serious about wanting to keep this one. Asked him to price it on the phone yesterday for fun and man did it put him on the spot.

Here they are.

Ok the Highly trained beagle (Chip) has years of skilled experince in tactical guard dogism. He holds an "M" card in IDPA and can eat twice his weight in carrots (he really does like carrots). He likes lite beer, oh hell any kind of beer. Will sacrafice for the low price of $4500.

Bud has a few less skills and is pretty good around kids, I think. He is more of a momma's boy but don't let the innocent look fool you. He is black and does a few tricks for extra cash on weekends. Reduced price of $1500

Or I'll make someone a package deal both for $100.

Any takers??

post-4731-1124381592_thumb.jpg

post-4731-1124381654_thumb.jpg

dan,

Looks like you left out a sleeping picture. The one of you sleeping when you should be working on pistols. :D

might be interested in Chip if he shares my taste for dark beer... Theres damn few of us around

dark beer,light beer, lager or ale, his only preference is cold and wet. isn't this thread about something else, how did this happen again. i'll tell you how, it's fu#*?n' whitacre again.

steve, i don't sleep, i just work work work.

sorry Dan. i sure don't want to piss off the smith while he's got one of my guns in work. i "fixed" my earlier post.

Paul had a good point though.

anyway, the pistol is awesome, i dont care what you call it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,

This new gun and also Chucks new limited gun don't have the slide cuts like the Spitfire that go all the way through the slide, is there a reason for this change for example strength?

What are the pro's and con's of this change?

Thanks,

Mike

Dan,

This new gun and also Chucks new limited gun don't have the slide cuts like the Spitfire that go all the way through the slide, is there a reason for this change for example strength? 

What are the pro's and con's of this change?

Thanks,

Mike

The spitfire can have the cuts that go all the way through becuase the top of the slide is still in tact. With the lightning the top of the slide is cut for the ribbed barrel so we cant cut all the way through and retain the structural integrity of the slide.