Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Q5 recoil springs

xpd54

Just got a Q5 and was curious what you guys are running spring wise if you’re using a SS or tungsten guide rod. I don’t see springs listed on the ISMI or Wolff websites. What brand are you guys using?

On my CZ and Sig CO pistols I’ve run between a 12 and 14 pound spring. 

25A20A04-4586-4C10-9AAA-F99350A8C84A.jpeg

I ended up with a 15# flatwire wilson combat spring in mine. I tried the 13# spring and it shoots flatter for sure, but it was sluggish when returning to battery on several occasions and especially from slide lock. It also felt like it was unlocking a little when I ran really hard, pumped my arms or did quick aggressive movements. The 15# works well but I cut 2 full coils off of it because it's a long spring, made it the same length as the 13# one. 

Edited by Prov1x

13# Wilson flate-wire spring here. I run then on custom-turned stainless steel guide rods.

Also, save money and buy the ISMI 13# spring for a glock. It’s the exact same spring, cheaper.

On rates? I cheated on my carry optics gun. Milled the heck out of the slide, so I have no worries running a 13 on the gun which has the added weight of the dot... even with 1.9oz of Deltapoint it’s still 1oz lighter than factory.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Do any of the flat wire recoil springs (Wilson, Glock, ISMI) fit on the stock PPQ SF guide rod?  Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, but it got confusing which spring was being used on which guide rod.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

"Drill a 1/8" hole in a ZR guiderod and use a Wilson 13# flatwire spring from their 5" 1911 kit. My SF runs 130PF ammo perfectly with this. Credit goes to "imaoldfart on the Walther forum.

Edit to add that you maybe don't need the hole in the polymer gun.

Edited by jdlincoln