Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classic DOOM stages

Timmeh

What, never done a 3 gun match with that? ; ) 

Pistol unloaded or loaded, if it's slung its empty, or doing Long gun>pistol>other long gun, abandoning each when its done.

Plenty of safe ways to do it!

50 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

Are you running matches in Wisconsin somewhere Tim?

Not in the near future, maybe in a few years. But I've been out in St. George with TPC and HaH for a awhile, Brian is always looking for stage ideas...

We do a stage once a year .  Pistol unloaded/holstered, rifle unloaded  slung , shotgun in hand. Usually do this in October Zombie match .Thear use to be a match called zombie run or something like that. Safe and a lot of fun. I found a video (not our match )

This is quite possibly the greatest idea for match design that I've ever heard.

Carry all three guns with you, or stage/abandon everything - I think either one would be appropriate for a classic FPS-inspired stage. Maybe even require staging magazines to be used as "ammo pickups". If you actually wind up doing something like this, please post some followup. It sounds awesome, and I'd be interested to know whether or not it's that awesome in execution as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 1:18 PM, Steve133 said:

This is quite possibly the greatest idea for match design that I've ever heard.

Carry all three guns with you, or stage/abandon everything - I think either one would be appropriate for a classic FPS-inspired stage. Maybe even require staging magazines to be used as "ammo pickups". If you actually wind up doing something like this, please post some followup. It sounds awesome, and I'd be interested to know whether or not it's that awesome in execution as well.

You could even do a "BFG" with a Can cannon, and yes, ammo pickups being staged, possible a double barrel stage gun, this is something I'll try and make happen as best I can ?

2 minutes ago, Timmeh said:

Haha, keep an eye on the Hard As Hell multigun series, I'll post here if it ever comes up!

One of my goals is Hard As Hell for sure. This is my first season at 3gun, looking for the right shotty i think im ready to practice a ton for that. Hoping next year! 

3 minutes ago, greerstyl said:

One of my goals is Hard As Hell for sure. This is my first season at 3gun, looking for the right shotty i think im ready to practice a ton for that. Hoping next year! 

Well, I am *slightly* partial to a Stoeger M3K...you can't go wrong that that, or a benelli, or a Breda, once they all get worked on correctly, they only have minor differences!

Just now, Timmeh said:

Well, I am *slightly* partial to a Stoeger M3K...you can't go wrong that that, or a benelli, or a Breda, once they all get worked on correctly, they only have minor differences!

i have read pretty much every post here on this and have been torn, m3k seems to be best value, i would want it fullly customized, seems like moa precision is the way, breda would be a yes also if I could actually find one, and the benelli 3gun is in stock locally ready to go (tube). sold a 930 a few weeks ago and have been dragging my feet in making a decision. A friend of mine is letting me borrow a stoeger for the weekend so that will help me figure it out. 

did you customize the stoeger?

dont mean to off track this post