Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Cdp Gun

DrKyle1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killer frame up Springer started life as a Mil Spec and is now the single sexiest skinny gun on the face of this planet. PaulW, can I get a witness?

I'll try to scrounge up a pic.

Basicly like the SV "Mall Ninja Wet Dream gun" only single stack and .45.

Serrated Flat top

Heinie

S&A

Brown Safeties

Barsto barrel

lots of serrating and checkering

Black-t'd the whole thing.

I can attest to DP40's humble description of his Sexy Springer...beautiful, functional and it looks even better with Eric shooting it! Fast and accurate!

As my name would imply, I used to use a Springfield TRP Professional. Now, however I use a Wilson CQB with a couple of modifications. I put in a short curved trigger, a Dawson F/O green site installed, and a S/A arched main spring housing added to the mix. It is a great gun. But I do miss my Springfield..... <_<

• 7 months later...

I am going to step out on a limb. I use my HK USP Tactical with a USP45 length barrel so it fits in the box. It got me to expert in under a year and won me two trophie in the only two major matches I have ever competed in. I see no reason why it wont take me to master. Although my ESP gun is an STI fattie.

Just wanted to represent guns that were not 1911s or a glock.

I just had to be the thread rebel.

My primary CDP gun is a stainless Springfield Trophy Match (show here with the rest of the family).

I chose the Springer because so little had to be done to make it very competitive vs. Kimbers simular model which needed a trigger job, mag well, etc.

See---- I'm a driver not a mechanic :rolleyes:

I just added a Dawson fiber front sight, rubber grips and started shooting. It came from the factory with a crisp 4 lb. trigger which is now more like 3 - 3.25 after 10,000 rounds have been fired.

Pictured to the left is also a 9 MM Loaded Stainless Springer that I have set up just like the Trophy Match as an ESP gun. Same grips, safety, sights, etc.

The smallest member of the family is my Springfield Ultra-Carry in 9 mm. I have it set up with nearly identical controls to the larger guns. This little alloy frame gun is one of my favorite carry pieces.. I believe that having my carry gun very close to the guns I shoot the most in competition is a big advantage. Rather than blasting tens of thousands of rounds through a 1911 for competition and then packin' a S & W revolver.

Regarding a second gun.... I carry a well worn (but reliable) Kimber Custom Target II with me as a back up gun to all matches. It has identical sights, grips, and safeties as the Springfields.

Edited by MichiganShootist

A pair of Les Baers: Concept VI and a Premier II, both with SA magwell and CMC mags (neither one of them like 47D's for some reason). Have a STI Ranger II that I'm looking to give a try, but I've been shooting a Para P16 in ESP to very pleasing results lately, so I'm having a hard time putting it down. It's kinda like cross-training as it is my Limited blaster also.

I use a Springfield XD witch helped me place 4th in this years IDPA Nationals. Todate I have only added a magwell.

But after shooting some of the 35 yard targets at nationals it is pack up right now and I am sending it off to get new sights and a 4 to 5lb trigger job.

Patrick

My XD

XD.gif

My Rock River

A great gun..... It's the only gun I have that is just too darn beautiful to shoot!...... Not!!!! I know in this pic it is not CDP legal but when Rock River built it for me they also fitted another barrel with out the comp.

RRA.gif

Edited by PHolsted

I use a Springfield XD witch helped me place 4th CDP Expert in this years IDPA Nationals. Todate I have only added a magwell.

But after shooting some of the 35 yard targets at nationals it is pack up right now and I am sending it off to get new sights and a 4 to 5lb trigger job.

Patrck

I have an S&W 1911. I bought this model soon after it was released and sent it down to EGW for some upgrades. EGW sear, trigger job 4.5 lbs., EGW beavertail, mainspring housing, front strap checkering, ambi mag release, ambi mag release. Gun shoots well and I have run about 5k through it. Total invested: $750 for the gun, $900 for the EGW work.

post-5118-1159747041.jpg

me likey your 1911, there Dennis Sherman.

Checkered front strap, always a good feature to look for in a gun.

Front serrations on the slide. BONUS!

Stainless steel. Another good choice for a gun that's gonna get stuck in a holster and drawn a half a gazillion times.

me likey your 1911, there Dennis Sherman.

Checkered front strap, always a good feature to look for in a gun.

Front serrations on the slide. BONUS!

Stainless steel. Another good choice for a gun that's gonna get stuck in a holster and drawn a half a gazillion times.

Thanks, now if I can only shoot it better.....

• 2 weeks later...