Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Louisiana Gator Classic Update - September 3,4

Well, day one of the competitor shooting should be wrapping up about now. Looks like the weather was great...if a little chilly. Any reports yet? I'm really wishing I had been able to make it.

Ok, looks like pictures are up.

http://www.southernshootingcenter.com/la-gator.htm

Edited by John Heiter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, you are right about the weather, upper 40's in the morn to lower 70's around noon. Wish you would have been able to make it. Still a little early for me to make any predictions. Two of the 12 bays are a little dusty because the grass hasn't grown but other than that, things couldn't be better. All stages running ahead of schedule, one squad got all 12 stages in today.

Word has it that the 2006 Gator Classic will be mid October next year, so don't make any other plans!!

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on in the last month, but Hurricane Rita fried my computer.

I have computer access at my school, but you all know that there's no way I could access a gun site on a school computer.

Today the match was great!

Very few problems, good squads of shooters, lots of smiles and a great crew of junior class shooters.

I'll put up results here tomorrow, maybe!

Thanks to everyone that made this match happen. I know it was tough with all the problems due to the hurricane. I had a great time and got to burn lots of powder shooting some excellent stages. My favorites were space invaders and duck.

Anyone know when the stage results will be posted?

Scott Culp

I wanted to thank everyone involved with the match. I traveled down from Maryland to shoot with some of the most friendly people I have ever shot with. I had never traveled that far south before, but if that is Southern Hospitality you can count me in again next year. All of the stages were tough. You really got your moneys worth. The other revolver shooters were extremly nice and took me under there wing to make sure I had accommidations.

I look foward to this match next year

This is for the shooters that stayed at the Bed & Breakfasts in Thibodaux, I would like to know how you were treeated and how were the accomadations. I really hope my recommendations helped those shooters. Please let me knowas there would probably be more rooms available next year as the hurricane evacuees find more permanent homes.

As for the match, I was not able to shoot the match but was able to go and watch some of it, as stated above, you definitely got your moneys worth. When you look at the stages, round counts, prize table, vendors, JROTC helping out, Smith & Wesson and Jerry Miculek, and having 12 stages lined up in a row. All I can say is it was an excellent match.

I think all the RO's and MD Neil Allen and Gary Thibodaux deserve and big THANK YOU email from everyone. And if you did not know, Gary is trying to get this match to be as big as AREA 2 is when it comes to the prize table and stages. That would be great.

i too would like to add, that this was one of the best matches and nicest ranges i've been to.

being able to shoot on green grass, is a rarity for this texas boy. the hospitality, food and atmosphere were top notch, and the weather really cooperated. those of you that didn't make it, need to add this match to your list for next year. see ya'll soon trapr

I was one of the shooters that stayed at a bed and breakfast. It was a very nice experience. The house I stayed at along with another shooter was in Raceland about 25 minutes east of Thibodaux. The lady that ran it was a 74 year old widow. She was an excellent host, very friendly and loved to talk. She also cooked breakfast for us both mornings. The homemade banana bread was awesome. The other shooters that went with us stayed at different houses and all seemed to enjoy their stay.

A huge thanks to all the RO's and match staff who made this match possible. Most of the stages were very demanding but a lot of fun. This is definetely a match you need to put on your match calender for next year.

there appears to be a problem on the production scores, there are several stages that do not

list me as having shot them. the overalls seem to be correct. not a big problem but it would be nice to have it corrected. trapr

trapr, contact gary i'm sure he can get something done for you

E-mail Address(es):

gatbullets@cajunnet.com