Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Louisiana Gator Classic Update - September 3,4

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted the Ho Jo tonight and the receptionist stated they are not taking reservation at this time. They said it might be about two to three MONTHS before

things returns to normal.

Can someone local contact the hotel personally and report back?

Thank you,

Tony.

Well, I was misinformed about the hotel situation. Glock phan, I called all the local hotels/motels in the Thibodaux area for you today and was told they are not taking reservations and most of them are booked solid for 9-12 monthes.

I will call around to some of the B&Bs in the area and see what is available and post back if I find anything.

Update,

There are some Bed & Breakfasts rooms available in Thibodaux for the the match weekend.

The Robichaux House / $100 night/ 1 master with full bed and bath

985-447-4738

Naquins Bed and Bedfast

Mrs. Naquin has rooms but also has friends that have rooms but do not advertise. Most rooms average $65/ night with shared bathrooms. All rooms located in Thibodaux.

1-985-446-6977.

geocities.com/naquinsbb

I will update this post as I find more B&Bs that are available.

Good luck

Todd

Edited by toddrod

I spoke with the MD yesterday and he said FEMA is resending the no bid contracts on hotels rooms and other things and that the hotels will have to bid for the contracts. He recommended that shooters just keep calling back every couple days to check availability of rooms.

One possiblity would be for shooters to check with the range about maybe bringing and parking a camper as there is plenty of parking, just no electric or water hookups. Just a thought as I really would like to see this match do well.

Another idea, how about local shooters with extra rooms in their homes host some of our out of state friends.

The Naquin B&B is the best contact for rooms as most of the owners know each other and work with each other to keep their businesses running and the B&B offer good food and cheaper rates than the hotels.

Todd

Chris, I think you feel a real bad stomach virus coming on.  Just kidding.  If y'all keep it up, all of the Gulf South will have electricity soon.  We missed you at RPPS this morning.

LOL they don't want to hear that I tell you we have not started on lake view or the east we will be doing this for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Match is on. Just got an email for Gary & Barbara. Some of the locals are putting shooters in their homes. I believe hotels are difficult to find at this time.

According to the match director, they have the prizes and cannot keeping changing the dates since the present hotels condition. The match would be set back atleast five to six months before the conditions might possibly change.

Edited by glock phan

i got a call from gary t. today and was told that howard johnsons should open up rooms, tomorrow or wednesday, so keep trying if you've had no luck so far. i'm looking forward to the match and will be driving down on friday. see ya'll there. trapr

Temps will be lower 50's at night and lower 70's w/North winds 10 - 15 mph during day.

Some would call these temps "downright cold"

James, are we gonna have any vennison to go with the fried fish Friday night?

Edited by scooterj

hammer down at 9:00 am

Jerry M. will be doing his speed shooting demos around noon

for those of you who will be there friday evening, we will have fried fish and whatever else doc comes up with when the RO's and vendors finish shooting. If you come, bring an appetite!

Edited by scooterj

Listen to Gary, he is right. I was given bad info. 8:00 AM it is.

And Jerry is doing his demos Sunday around 12:00 or 12:30

12 stages ready to go. Gonna be rough on us ROs shooting all 12 Friday.

There will be a shooters meeting at 7:45 Saturday morning.

The fish fry is still on for Friday night!!