Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have experience with 9mm 124GR Teklead NAS3 RN Major though a Czechmate or any open gun?

ilovevtac

Hey Guys,

Trying to find some factory 9mm Major ammo to run in my Czechmate and stumbled across these guys.

Not a lot of reviews on them, was wondering if anyone ran this ammo specifically through at Czechmate or any other open gun?

Here's a link to the ammo, https://moderndefense.com/shop/9mm-124-gr-teklead-nas3-rn-major-pistol/

Thanks!

I have run it. I bought 1000 rounds. I ran it at Area 1 and another match so far. It goes bang. No issues. Made power factor.
It says it's especially made for the checkmate. So I wouldn't worry there but I used it on a 2011 platform.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have been shooting that Everglades as well. Both Everglades and teklead have functioned perfectly for me. I bought a reloading setup and have been using these two brands to get by until I'm ready to start making my own. But Def buy either with confidence. I would say that teklead seems to be out of stock less. However Everglades is the same price and I like that they use their HP projectiles and brass cases better. A few people have expressed concern that the teklead would lead up my comp since it's a coated bullet. But nothing I've seen happening in the first 300 or so rounds I've shot.
If you plan to reload I would say the brass cases are worth more to keep. To reload the teklead cases you need special dies.

4 hours ago, Explosiveo said:

I have been shooting that Everglades as well. Both Everglades and teklead have functioned perfectly for me. I bought a reloading setup and have been using these two brands to get by until I'm ready to start making my own. But Def buy either with confidence. I would say that teklead seems to be out of stock less. However Everglades is the same price and I like that they use their HP projectiles and brass cases better. A few people have expressed concern that the teklead would lead up my comp since it's a coated bullet. But nothing I've seen happening in the first 300 or so rounds I've shot.
If you plan to reload I would say the brass cases are worth more to keep. To reload the teklead cases you need special dies.

Awesome thank you! Definitely need to try out the Everglades now. Now I'm wondering about the lead build up in the comp running the Teklead.... Shouldn't be an issue if I routinely clean it after every range session right?

Thanks again!

300 rounds isn't going to start shoeing the leading effects,  it's deff best practice to run a fully jacketed bullet, but you gotta shoot what's available. Also Atlanta arms ammo is available, any major ammo bought pre loaded isn't cheap though

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, ilovevtac said:

Now I'm wondering about the lead build up in the comp running the Teklead.... Shouldn't be an issue if I routinely clean it after every range session right?

Probably won't be a problem if you clean it frequently ,   BUT,   why bother

cleaning it.

Just use CMJ or JHP's and you don't have to clean it, at all    :) 

I 100% agree Jack. I ended up buying that Teklead because Everglades was out of stock and it was a week or two before they were going to be back in stock. From what I could tell they run out of those HP bullets often and so just depends how well you plan ahead I suppose.

Shot both Everglades and teklead today while out at the farm. Teklead felt just a tad bit softer. Both functioned flawlessly through my czechmate. And both were very accurate. Bought 500 rounds of each and the Everglades came out to be about $30 more after shipping, but it’s also costed HP. Not a big deal. Gonna order black dot ammo next to try since my buddy runs it through her czechmate and 2011s. 

Side note: did a video test and it seemed like the Everglades kept the dot from jumping. And the teklead definitely threw more smoke out of the comp

17 hours ago, love2fishnshoot said:

Shot both Everglades and teklead today while out at the farm. Teklead felt just a tad bit softer. Both functioned flawlessly through my czechmate. And both were very accurate. Bought 500 rounds of each and the Everglades came out to be about $30 more after shipping, but it’s also costed HP. Not a big deal. Gonna order black dot ammo next to try since my buddy runs it through her czechmate and 2011s. 

Side note: did a video test and it seemed like the Everglades kept the dot from jumping. And the teklead definitely threw more smoke out of the comp

Awesome thank you! Were you running a stock recoil spring, any modifications on your CM? 

Thanks!

Edited by ilovevtac
Correction

1 hour ago, ilovevtac said:

Awesome thank you! Were you running a stock recoil spring, any modifications on your CM? 

Thanks!

Message me your number and I can send you the videos i did of both brands of ammo. Black dot ammo will be here Monday so gonna do a video of that next week also

• 1 year later...