Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can anyone with colored bullets load some dummy rounds for me?

ClangClang

I'm looking to make my dryfire more realistic, so I'd like get around 60 "dummy rounds" of 9mm to have accurately weighted mags.  Commercial snap caps are prohibitively expensive for the quantiy I seek.

I don't have a reloading setup yet, so I was wondering if any kind-hearted soul here would be willing to load up ~60 dummy rounds (three 140mm mags worth - CZ Shadow for Carry Optics) next time they sit down at the press. Ideally this would be with a "colored" bullet like Blue or Syntech so I can easily distinguish them from my normal factory FMJ ammo.  Once they arrive to me, I'll drill out the primer pocket and fill the casing with a matching color hot glue. And of course, in exchange for your service, I will pack a USPS padded flat rate envelope to the brim with range pickup brass and ship it out to you. Mostly 9mm, maybe some 40 and 45 mixed in.  I don't know how many fit exactly but that's probably around 500-600 pieces.  It seems to me that this is an equitable trade, but if I'm off base, just let me know.

Help me make GM! (Or really, just make A class for now haha).

Edited by ClangClang

22 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

How does 115 gr Blue Bullets coated RN sound?  They will be blue of course.  I can load whatever length you like.  (Press currently set at 1.110")

Sounds perfect to me. PM incoming.

I’m in the same boat. I just got my new Dillon in to reload 38sc for my new open gun and don’t have the dies to load a few dummy rounds for carry optics. If anybody could help me out I’ll send you a package full of love.

20 hours ago, Nalle2491 said:

I’m in the same boat. I just got my new Dillon in to reload 38sc for my new open gun and don’t have the dies to load a few dummy rounds for carry optics. If anybody could help me out I’ll send you a package full of love.

If you're looking for 9mm, LMK the OAL you're looking for and I can put together some for you. 

On 6/14/2018 at 3:48 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Never thought I'd see those two sentences together    :surprise:

I know an Open M who shoots .38 super and does not reload.  Apparently he's wealthy enough that he just doesn't care.

3 hours ago, muncie21 said:

If you're looking for 9mm, LMK the OAL you're looking for and I can put together some for you. 

1.15 would work for me. I’m honestly not picky I’m just using them for dry fire practice.

19 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

If they are for dry fire, why not just load up a batch of 38 SC dummy rounds.  They will add the needed weight to the magazine.  They just will not chamber, which to me is a good thing.

Because it’s for my M&p carry optics rig and 38sc won’t cycle through an M&p mag.