Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Glock with Frame Weight

blindmarksman

Building a glock 24 for limited right now and looking at race holster options. I want to run an sjc frame weight so race holster options are limited. I know you can use the cr speed and super/ultimate ghost holsters that need slight modification. What about the new alpha x holster? I've seen Shane Coley running it, does it require modifications too? 

Looking at the Alpha X  holster on the Double Alpha website, itwould require significant grinding to fit a pistol with a frame weight. The flat area in front of the slot where the trigger guard engages would have to be ground down to fit the frame weight. If you look at the photos in this thread you will understand. There are pictures of Glocks with either SJC or Toni Systems frame weights. Toni Systems will sell you the right Ghost holster modified by them to fit their frame weight. I preferred their system because it included the option of a thumb rest on the frame weight.

speed holser for glocks with frame weight-thumb rest

your  best  bet  really  is  the ghost  ''the one''' .  i  presently have mine  on the  bench,nearly  finished  ;   i'm  working it    by  small increments.  then will  polish  the  cuts  made  so  it  will look  like  it's  been  manufactured ;  very  clean .

Edited by sigsauerfan

well,i've finished  remodeling my  ghost the one.fit is  perfect.  had  to  remodel-grind the  rails  where the  muzzle  support rod  rides on,  to  level it  with the  holster  body,otherwise  gun wouldn't  sit  straight  once locked.

i  must say  this  specific  holster isn't  a  race master.  not as  well made,lots  of plastic, and  i'm not  in love  with the locking knob nor  do  i  like the  fact the  gun can't  be  drawn straight  up,it has  to  be  drawn  in a  forward  motion which i'm not  used  to.  but a  holster is  only  it,  a  holster. we  draw  what,  10  times  in a  whole  match?  so  no  big deal.i  like  how  it looks anyways....on top of  that,all my limited glock  fits  tight in the  holster. my 22-17-34-35.

DSC04442.thumb.JPG.4cd9b7e46802d2f266c6fecfe8392afb.JPGDSC04441.thumb.JPG.c912713a6ee33b162bc142ee95c522ba.JPG

10 hours ago, sigsauerfan said:

well,i've finished  remodeling my  ghost the one.fit is  perfect.  had  to  remodel-grind the  rails  where the  muzzle  support rod  rides on,  to  level it  with the  holster  body,otherwise  gun wouldn't  sit  straight  once locked.

i  must say  this  specific  holster isn't  a  race master.  not as  well made,lots  of plastic, and  i'm not  in love  with the locking knob nor  do  i  like the  fact the  gun can't  be  drawn straight  up,it has  to  be  drawn  in a  forward  motion which i'm not  used  to.  but a  holster is  only  it,  a  holster. we  draw  what,  10  times  in a  whole  match?  so  no  big deal.i  like  how  it looks anyways....on top of  that,all my limited glock  fits  tight in the  holster. my 22-17-34-35.

DSC04442.thumb.JPG.4cd9b7e46802d2f266c6fecfe8392afb.JPGDSC04441.thumb.JPG.c912713a6ee33b162bc142ee95c522ba.JPG

Looks like it came from the factory. Close fit, clean lines. Great job. How long did it take to work through the incremental cuts?

pffft...was  doin a  little  when i had  time  and  was  feeling  alike lol.  i  first  grinded  the  holser  body,only  to  notice  that  the  muzzle support  channel  had  to  be  shaved too haha.  little by little  is the only  way  for  me.  once  done  i  just  polished    the  cuts  made  with a  felt wheel  and  some flitz  so  cuts  are looking straight and  finish  is  smooth.  my opinion is  this  ghost  holster is  the  easiest one  to  work  on for the  specific  purpose intended.  i'm pretty  happy i  did  not choose  to go  with the CR speed unit .

^^^^

what i  like  about  a  speed  holster is  that it  doesn<t tear off  the  finish  of  the  gun.   i  also  like  the  fact  it<s  a  little  faster  as  long  as  you  are  able  to get  the  grip right  from the get go.

• 2 years later...