Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 minor PF load/recoil spring

Sterrance

So I have a P320 with a spinger precision guide rod and a 14lb recoil spring that I'm trying to get running for USPSA Carry Optics. I currently am shooting 115 gr reloads at just over 1100 fps (have bout 200 rounds I do know 124 gr is better and will switch to it) What have you all found works good for a 9mm load and recoil spring for minimal recoil? my length is 1.160 if thats important. 

I’m using a 10# Wilson combat spring with springer precision’s tungsten guide for my 124 Gr FMJ, 1.135” OAL  reloads at around 128-130 PF. Shoots flat and Romeo 1 is still working after about 6k rounds.

49 minutes ago, Wisemenofgotham said:

I’m using a 14lb ISMI recoil spring on a GG black fat guide rod, P320 X5 with ROMEO1,  shooting Speer Lawman or Blazer 124g, both are 135PF.  Works great, but I do wonder if a 13lb or 12.5lb spring would work even better.

It does. I started with a 15# recoil spring and tried it all the way down to 9. I like the feel of the 10# the most.

34 minutes ago, sfinney said:

So you are getting a firm return to battery with a 10# even with the tighter fit of the X5 barrel?

Yup. No malfunctions. Brass just dribbles about less than a foot away from the gun. I can get back on target quicker too.

• 2 weeks later...