Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee bulge Buster kit

fxdc

I have the Lee 9mm MAKAROV FCD (SKU 90807) and I can not get it to work with my Bulge Buster. The cases get stuck and no matter how much effort I use the case will not go through the die. And yes the Crimp portion is removed.

I also having the same problems.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the Lee 9mm MAKAROV FCD (SKU 90807) and I can not get it to work with my Bulge Buster. The cases get stuck and no matter how much effort I use the case will not go through the die. And yes the Crimp portion is removed.

Its because the bottom of 9mm case are larger than the neck of the case..

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 5:26 AM, OneEyedSam said:

I am having the same problem.  Even undersized 9mm cases will not go much more than half way into the Makarov FCD before becoming seriously stuck.  My FCD carbide insert measures 0.383. A 9mm case rim is 0.392. That seems like a big reduction.  Is my FCD defective?  Can any successful user please give the ID of their FCD carbide insert?

just a thought could it be that the reason some are having issues  ? goes back to 

Lee no longer recommending using the makarov fcd die. due to a change to fix

an issue with crimping makarov.

• 2 weeks later...

So my story on the mak FCD... I bought my first one and used it like I normally would for busting bulges, I got some uneven marks on the brass, checked the die and saw that it was broken. I thought I got a broken die right from the store, but after reading this I’m sure I was the one that broke it. Fast forward a few months, I bought another one. So far it has done its job and isn’t broken yet. I’ll keep an eye on it.