Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ears

Honeybooboo

What are y’all using for ear pro? I can’t decide between the MSA Supreme Pro X, peltor Comtac III, or TCIs that look like the MSAs but have better electronics. They are all expensive but the TCIs are $400+ so yea. 

I cant try them on so want to make a good purchase and I hear good and bad about them all. I like a smaller fitting cup. Howard Light Impact Sports for example are way to long and don’t create a good seal. I’ve heard that complaint from a lot of people. 

I use the MSA’s with the gel ear cups.  They seal great, and the electronics are good.  I never liked my Howard Leights.  The noise canelling electronics were terrible.

The Pro Ears Gold that I have, seem to have the best electronics in my opinion, but don’t seal quit as well without the gel cups.  they had no hiss and very effectively cancelled out gunshots.  My MSAs (I have several pairs) have more of a hiss at high volumes than the Pro Ears.

I use the Pro Ears Gold and really like them. Very comfortable to wear while shooting. The electronics in them are batter then all the other electronic hearing protection I've tried out. I RO at matches all the time and the loudest open guns don't bother my hearing at all with them on.

+1 on pro ears.  way more comfortable than the leights.

although i just bought my first set of electronic plugs, the peltor tep-100's.  just a couple of matches with them, including uspsa and 2 gun, and i like them.  they fit good, aren't uncomfortable, and keep the gunshot noise down pretty good.