Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO Double Alpha X Holster Reviews VS Other

NCShadow2

1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

Been running the alpha x for a year now.  No complaints I really like the simplicity of it and change inserts at ease if deciding to run another gun, that was a important selling point for me 

I think I just need to pull the trigger and buy one. Ive been getting hung up on the few negative reviews and totally overlooking all the positive stuff people have been talking about

10 hours ago, Heatstroke18 said:

I think I just need to pull the trigger and buy one. Ive been getting hung up on the few negative reviews and totally overlooking all the positive stuff people have been talking about

I was in the same boat.  But my hold up was cost.  Just pull the trigger you won’t regret it.

9 hours ago, Heatstroke18 said:

Czgunsalot. Did you get the thigh pad for it as well?

I did not.  but I am thinking about getting it. 

I recommend getting it.  Also wear black shorts or pants when running this holster the muzzle may rub up onto your right pocket leaving some carbon.  I learn that the hard way.  So I assume the pad will help push the gun out a little more

I have two TSO's. Unfortunately they came with two different trigger guards. So I had to buy two DAA inserts and swap between them if I change the gun. One fits perfectly, the other one is kinda loose. I called DAA and was told it was fine. It may be fine from the safety point of view but it is pain in the rear to swap it in the middle of the match (I had to do that at the nationals after 4 stages of malfunctions). But more importantly it is inconsistent and sometimes messes with my draw. I may have to live with that if I don't find  any different solution though.     

1 hour ago, cheby said:

I have two TSO's. Unfortunately they came with two different trigger guards. So I had to buy two DAA inserts and swap between them if I change the gun. One fits perfectly, the other one is kinda loose. I called DAA and was told it was fine. It may be fine from the safety point of view but it is pain in the rear to swap it in the middle of the match (I had to do that at the nationals after 4 stages of malfunctions). But more importantly it is inconsistent and sometimes messes with my draw. I may have to live with that if I don't find  any different solution though.     

Which one fits all loosey goosey.  The TSO or the Checkmate insert

• 1 month later...

Yep my TSO is the checkmate style and sits a bit loose in the racemaster.  Still locks so I don't care.

Anyone hesitant to pull the trigger on a racemaster just go on AliExpress and search ipsc holsters.  

Edited by EazyRhino