Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon die nuts....

...or buy better nuts. A cross bolt design like Hornady, Forester or the really nice ones from Sinclair.

They will allow you to remove dies and return them to their original settings easily.

Glen Zediker also implies the set screw locking rings from Redding, RCBS, etc can also force a die out of round or prevent it from sitting level in the press.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once I have the lock nuts on my dies I just leave them on there.  What do you do ???

That works if you are swapping heads, but if you load multiple calibers on a single head, it's nice to have a ring that locks to the die so you can pull the die and return it without having to remeasure/recalibrate every time - similar concept to using multiple dies on a single stage press.

I have several 1050 heads for commonly loaded rounds, but one that gets swapped about if and when needed...

M

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Want2BS8ed said:

That works if you are swapping heads, but if you load multiple calibers on a single head, it's nice to have a ring that locks to the die so you can pull the die and return it without having to remeasure/recalibrate every time - similar concept to using multiple dies on a single stage press.

I have several 1050 heads for commonly loaded rounds, but one that gets swapped about if and when needed...

M

2 Dillon die nuts locked together, "lock" to the die.

Try it, thank me later...

jmo

?

Edited by Kenstone