Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VZ vs LOK Grips palm swell type

Ludde

I recently purhased VZ grips palm swell model with their golfball pattern. I've previously used/tried several CZ factory grips and LOK grips bogies variants such as regular bogies, extra thick bogies and palm swell bogies (old style with the buldge in the top).

I thought I would show a comparison between the recently bought VZ grips and the new LOK grips Shadow 2 palm swell model.

Just so if anybody is considering bying either or the pictures might give an insight on the differences between the two.

LOK Grips CZ Shadow 2 palm swell, http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-shadow-2/palm-swell/cz-shadow-2-palm-swell/

5ab645432be50_newpalmswell2.JPG.52f9ef0fe7dfc7e710d1bb0a41769721.JPG5ab64543ae89c_newpalmswell.JPG.785b4607d9a642490483366e7e6730e6.JPG5ab645428744c_2018-03-1719_00_46.thumb.jpg.7527284d828b630d3d3898663859e3f3.jpg

VZ Grips CZ 75 palm swell, https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/cz-75/palm-swells/golfball3

5ab645e5e2bea_2018-03-2414_31_05.thumb.jpg.e4d9f8bddcdbe0c62135d4ff481d2300.jpg

Some things that I've noticed:

The LOK grips pattern is a bit more aggressive than VZs golf ball pattern.

The swell portion of the grip is a bit more elongated on the VZ grip. Personally with my size 9 hands I would like to have the swell portion a tiny bit higher on both.

The VZ ones go all the way to the top on an "old" 75 series guns.

Which one fits you is not for me to state.

Fit and finish is great on both and when it comes to customer service Jayson at LOK Grips is hard to beat especially if you want something tailored.

If someone is interested in a older post comparing other LOK grips check the following link:

I just went through this myself a well, I started with the LOK palmswells , had to sand down the top lip on them as it was rubbing my support hand thumb raw,

saw someone  else here  mention the VZ grips here , ordered a pair and now that's what on my shadow 2. 

I find the VZ's are a bit thinner than the Loks and not as aggressive patterned.

VZ

vz%20grips%20rear_zps7l2dgtce.jpg

LOK

lok%20grips%201_zpswlfx85g8.jpg

Ideally I'd actually like something right between these as I do like how the Lok Swell rises a bit higher

than the VZ's but for  what've I got on there is working great (already dropped enough $$ on grips, yikes)

• 3 months later...

I have a pair of the lok grips on my shadow and the right side grip panel has a little movement even with grip screw tight.

when i grip the gun i can feel the grip panel move slightly, I checked the screw, it was tight, have tried removing and reinstalling, but still does this

any one else have this issue?

1 hour ago, jbecker said:

I have a pair of the lok grips on my shadow and the right side grip panel has a little movement even with grip screw tight.

when i grip the gun i can feel the grip panel move slightly, I checked the screw, it was tight, have tried removing and reinstalling, but still does this

Yes, both of my grips do this on my SPO1 shadow, after about 5 min of dry fire no matter how much I torque the screw.  I have some very small clear 3M double stick tape that is used on glass. I cut a couple of small pieces and installed under the grips and it has helped with the movement. If that does not work, next step I would have to try some loc tite. This happened with the original grips as well as my Lok's that I just put on.

On 7/17/2018 at 10:22 AM, jbecker said:

I put blue painters tape under the grip (trimmed so it's not visible with grips installed) and it fixed the issue  

I got the LOK Palmswells and was worried about the tapered top that they do for the Shadow 2 with my big hands (XXL-XXXL) and they've been great.  They assured me it would most likely be fine since I like as much thickness in grips as I can get and they were right.  LOK also said on the phone if it didn't work for me to just call him and that they would work something up for me.  Amazing product and top notch customer service is hard to beat.  

Mine didn't have any movement in them when installed and I havne't had to use any loctite in over 2K shot with them.

Just wanted to post to help any fellow large hand guys out there looking at what to buy.