Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Illinois restrictions

HI5-O

I placed an order for a stripped upper 9mm specific receiver through an online company that begins with a D and ends with VOR yesterday. 

Today I receive an email saying after review, my order is being cancelled due to government restrictions and referred me to the company’s FAQs.

I contact the company by phone and finally reach a customer service agent and she looks up my order. Then she informs me because they are in Illinois, they are restricted on sending me the stripped upper receiver to Hawaii. WTH!?!

I asked for a list of products they have restrictions on sending to me in the 50th State and was was told they don’t have a list. Too bad, the price was really good. Have to find a company not in Illinois. This is their response:

We have carefully reviewed the details of your order and some or all of the products you ordered are subject to United States federal, state and/or local government laws and regulations regarding the domestic sale of restricted products. We apologize, but at this time we are not able to proceed with processing your order. In order to ensure that we comply with all applicable laws and regulations we are forced to cancel your order.

• 1 month later...

We have these stupid FOID cards (Firearm Owners Identification Card) in Illinois.   It's a crime

for us to even possess guns, ammo, etc without one.  Even Cops (I'm a retired cop) can't buy

guns, ammo, etc without one.The card doesn't do anything except give the state of Illinois a

database for gun owners.  It could be you are from Hawaii, but who knows.

I had an order declined in Missouri because of the FOID card.  They told me that if I was

at their business they could sell me the item (forgot what it was), because they could see my

FOID card in person.  But, they wouldn't take a photocopy of it even with one of my Illinois DL

and my Police ID along with it.  Sorry to hear of you problem.    

On 5/16/2018 at 8:35 AM, Sparky said:

We have these stupid FOID cards (Firearm Owners Identification Card) in Illinois.   It's a crime

for us to even possess guns, ammo, etc without one.  Even Cops (I'm a retired cop) can't buy

guns, ammo, etc without one.The card doesn't do anything except give the state of Illinois a

database for gun owners.  It could be you are from Hawaii, but who knows.

I had an order declined in Missouri because of the FOID card.  They told me that if I was

at their business they could sell me the item (forgot what it was), because they could see my

FOID card in person.  But, they wouldn't take a photocopy of it even with one of my Illinois DL

and my Police ID along with it.  Sorry to hear of you problem.    

Just plain crazy!  Wish they would hurry up and pass the reciprocity law for concealed carry holders and drop the wait time on suppressors.

• 1 month later...

This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.Please review the Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic response]