Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New division classification?

Broncman

If you already have a classification and you start a new division, how many classifiers do you have to shoot to get a classification in the new division?

I already have a B in CO, and started PCC and Open this year.

I checked my status on the USPSA websight and have 4 registered PCC classifiers and 2 of them are pending. 

They gave me a classification in PCC with only 2 classifiers processed. 

In Open I have 3 processed but no classification???

I have 4 posted, one is labeled a B because it is lower than the ranking they gave me.  Three others labled Y as accepted. 

The last one shows a Y but has not been figured in my ranking. Just curious as to how they gave me the initial ranking as I can not make the math work. But then again I may not know the formula!

10 minutes ago, Broncman said:

I have 4 posted, one is labeled a B because it is lower than the ranking they gave me.  Three others labled Y as accepted. 

The last one shows a Y but has not been figured in my ranking. Just curious as to how they gave me the initial ranking as I can not make the math work. But then again I may not know the formula!

I figured it out. When you get your initial classification (min 4 classifiers), they used all 4 of the classifiers listed to give you your current classification standing. Average all four and you get your current standing! Once your were classified B, that 13-04 classifier became "B" since it is more than 5% lower than min B (55%). When you are unclassified, anything above 2% counts for your initial classification. ;) Your classification percentage will change when you get more valid classifiers in the tank!

Edited by ChuckS

1 minute ago, Broncman said:

Ok, makes sense. But when I first posted they had the last 2 as still pending. No Y or B. Guess their system takes awhile to populate all the data fields.

Pending means the scores were uploaded but the activity fee still had to be paid... (I think)

Here you go

This classifier was used when the last classification routine was run to calculate your current average. For initial classifications, the best four scores of the most recent six scores on file are used to calculate your classification. After you have earned your initial classification, the next time the classification system is run, your best six of the most recent eight scores on file will be used to calculate your current average. Because a Special Classifiers can earn you six score on the same match date, the scores are ranked in descending order by percentage to determine your most recent six or eight scores.

You will see a Y flag for all classifiers eligible to be used, even if you do not yet have the minimum required to calculate a classification, therefore, it is possible to have 1, 2 or 3 Y flags and still be U in the division.