Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to buy Hornady LNL

I Searched and checked prices all over for a few months and I bought my LNL AP from Natchez around the holidays. They have the best price plus they had $35 off any order of $350 or more. Package was solid with no damaged parts, very satisfied with Natchez!

It's a great press.  Added a Mr. Bullet feeder and have well over 200,000 rounds through mine.  You will want to buy a new plastic powder hopper at some point.  Hornady's discolored.  Search the forum for the dealer who makes the replacements. 

I also got mine at Midsouth Shooters Supply.  It was the best price at the time  of purchase, press was in great shape when it arrived and shipping was pretty quick.  I agree with StuckinMS; it's a great press.  I recently added the Hornady case feeder and a Mr Bullet Feeder bullet dropper die with the Bully Mag-P feeder tube assembly.  Initially took some tweaking, but got the "bugs" worked out and it's great.

• 1 month later...
It's a great press.  Added a Mr. Bullet feeder and have well over 200,000 rounds through mine.  You will want to buy a new plastic powder hopper at some point.  Hornady's discolored.  Search the forum for the dealer who makes the replacements. 
Dram Worx makes a Pyrex glass hopper.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 4/22/2018 at 11:57 PM, Tokarev said:

Dram Worx makes a Pyrex glass hopper.

I got one of these for Christmas. It’s very nice and durable. Before owning one my hopper would come loose when I would dump my powder back into the bottle after I was done loading. The Dram Worx hopper stays put

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got it set up and couldn’t be happier

They are solid machines. I have a 650 and a LNL and think they're more alike than people would have you think.

Both machines are only 5 station so they can be pretty limited if you want to run a bullet feeder and a powder check along with a stand alone crimp die. The Hornady shell plate is a little bigger around and gives a bit more room to reach a bullet that tips off the case while indexing or a case that falls over. I think I also prefer the output tray on the left side although in function it really makes no real difference.

The Dillon shines in aftermarket support. I also prefer the two-pin tool head over the bushing system of the Hornady. The Dillon powder measure is better too. I have an older measure with the big springs that reset the bar and use this on both presses. I also use the Lee Auto Drum.

Primer systems on both kind of stink. Depending on what I'm doing I'll quite often prime up a bunch of brass with a hand tool before I load. This allows me to quickly look at each primed case and run a thumbnail over the primer to make sure it is seated. But this is really only something I worry about when running milsurp brass.

Speaking of milsurp brass; take a look at Hornady's swage setup for the Lock N Load. It replaces the shell plate and uses three dies up top. It works well and is the best thing I've found other than a 1050 for working primer pockets. Too bad they don't make the swage system for 9mm. I am actually surprised they don't.

Enjoy your new press!