Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2 Chokes

So i bought a M2 and need to get some chokes for it. What is the best 3 or so to have. I have been most a im or m shooter for years looking to step it up a bit so looking for opinions. 

Muller 3gun "hoser" and 3gun "far" chokes are all you need.  Excellent concentricity gives very dense, filled patterns that are consistent.  I replaced my previous numerous chokes with just those two.

If you go another brand, get cylinder, light mod, and IM.  That's all you really need to bother with.

Are the CRIO+ for the M2?

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, AustinWolv said:

Muller 3gun "hoser" and 3gun "far" chokes are all you need.  Excellent concentricity gives very dense, filled patterns that are consistent.  I replaced my previous numerous chokes with just those two.

If you go another brand, get cylinder, light mod, and IM.  That's all you really need to bother with.

Depends on the match and the match directer.  Some of the Matches around here are sponsored by Pure Gold Chokes (they are indeed awesome) so you can expect a complex array of shotgun targets.  I use chokes in this order of prevalence:  IC, Spreader, LM, M, F.  Our IC's are pretty tight and my LM patterns tighter than a benelli M so I just added some Carlson Skeet chokes to have another option, that was 4 years in.  I will have to check out the chokes listed above.  Learning there constriction should tell you the equivalent common terminology.   

• 8 months later...

I've always ran Briley or Carlson.  Gotta have a Diffusion for the close stuff, a full for the crazy heavy, small or long stuff and an IC for everything else.  That would get you through 90% of the stuff you'll ever encounter.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Combat weapons and pneumatic weapons are completely different things! I have an Ataman M1, shot about 4 thousand, a movable barrel broke a plastic sleeve. Squeezed out the valve plug, the steel plug is screwed into a plastic case with plastic thread. Now I'm trying to reanimate the gun. Turner made a new valve plug, cut a new thread f 12 in the body, 1 mm pitch. He warned that the plastic had become brittle, advised to buy a new one on HikeZone. While the gun can’t be assembled, the screwed stopper rests on the plastic on the handle, it is necessary to cut a hole on the handle under the stopper, but since the plastic has become brittle, pressure can knock out the stopper and there is nothing to hold the stopper. I decided not to cut the handle of the gun yet, I need to think about it.

• 3 months later...