Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para open gun

Jerrymarsh

CR Speed world shoot model is adjustable for various trigger guards and i used one for my old open Para :) for other speed holsters i think any for 1911 style trigger guard should work for a Para? 

I had a para p16 that fit nicely in my old racer holster didn't fit perfect but could of used it. Also tried it in a Guga Ribas Ernie hill holster that one worked better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 3/4/2018 at 6:26 AM, Jerrymarsh said:

Ok I pulled my old open gun out of moth balls YES ITS A Para.. whats a good Holster to buy now for a Para

not all 2011 ones will work

Thanks a Old man

I dealt with 2 different vintage Para frames (~94 and 98). The fore and aft thickness of the curved trigger guard was different. Any holster that relies on pinching the TG on the front side is a crap shoot. Both the Ghost and DARM (non-magnetic) worked, sort of. I had to get an undercut block from Saul and custom cut the DARM.  A solid fit in the Ghost required tweaking the nylon screws. The CR speed was probably the most stable, due mostly to the muzzle platform.

The old pinned ghost holster worked great with my para, the down side is you have to drill a small hole in front your trigger guard for the pin for the unlocked retention

ive also heard good thing about the new guga ribas