Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Race Master jamming with dust

bluedevil008

I was out shooting all day in a windy, very fine dusty environment.  Towards the end of the day, the holsters stops functioning properly.  Once I put the gun in, it is extremely difficult to pull it back out.  An instructor mentioned this is an issue with this holster.  Is there anything I can do to help prevent this?  Oil anywhere specifically or things like that?

While i have not had that issue, if the wind is blowing and we have lots of dust, i use the cover on the pistol for the day . I would think oil would make it worse by holding more dust in .

It was covered the entire day when not shooting.  Can't afford to take the holster apart every time and bring around compressed air with me at a match.  I need something that's going to be 100% reliable with much less maintenance, I don't that's too high of an expectation for a holster. I'll reach out to DAA and see what they have to say.

On 3/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, bluedevil008 said:

It was covered the entire day when not shooting.  Can't afford to take the holster apart every time and bring around compressed air with me at a match.  I need something that's going to be 100% reliable with much less maintenance, I don't that's too high of an expectation for a holster. I'll reach out to DAA and see what they have to say.

how about the guga ribas rig..

I have only had this happen once or twice and where I shoot is generally very dusty. 

Do not use oil though as that will just make the problem worse when dust gets in it, it will gum up. 

I'd suggest just making it a routine to clean it every X amount of trips to the range

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Race Master, it does get a little sticky once in a while. I clean it a couple times a year with Armor All. It cleans the holster well and the silicon in the Armor All works as a dry lube.

I use Armor All on my Kydex holsters too.