Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Question

Steppenwolf

I recently picked up a Tanfo Stock 2. Nice shooting pistol. I cleaned it, but noticed when the slide is locked back that the cone barrel has some "give" (little bit of rattle). Is that a normal occurrence with this pistol? It tightens up fine when the slide is forward and the trigger runs DA and SA fine. I've had CZs but never noticed that barrel "rattle" before.

I just compared it to my CZ Shadow and the barrel "play" on slide locked back is definitely more noticeable on the Stock 2. The Stock 2 has the guide rod/spring plug, but that is inserted correctly. Just curious about it. I changed my search parameters to "barrel play" instead of rattle and found this older thread.

Thanks

Edited by Steppenwolf
Compared to CZ Shadow

21 minutes ago, johnbu said:

All guns are loose slide back. They only "lock up" slide forward.

Granted, but other pistols not as much as the Stock 2. My CZs don't "rattle" like that. I guess it was more noticeable on Stock 2.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Steppenwolf

The Stock 2 has... a cone-fit barrel. As it slides forward the cone locks into the matching taper in the slide and this gives it tighter & more consistent lockup than anything else in Production. Accu-shadow included.

Traditional straight-wall barreled guns don’t get tighter as the slide runs forward, and thus they are much tighter when locked back.

Short version: find some ammo your gun likes and go shoot groups with it. It’s fine. You’ll see. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Your cz doesn’t do it because it has a different barrel setup. Straight barrel that is secured by a bushing at the front.

i don’t think cz actually make a cone bull barrel at all.

cone barrel locks barrel to slide at the front.

cone barrel is easier to strip and in many cases more accurate. Also Why the s2 is more desirable to the s3. There are like anything pros and cons for both types of barrel type and fitments.

(i don’t want to start a barrel argument)

Edited by goshimu