Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muzzle flip due to bcg travel?

1 hour ago, MikieM said:

I would think you could adapt to either one, given time.

The question is if you adapt to a new gun or barrel or recoil system, will your scores improve?   How many matches are you willing to not shoot to your skill level just to adapt to equipment.

I will change my technique if it will help my results but I'm reluctant to change how I shoot to just to be able to use equipment that may not really suit me.

No problem experimenting but be willing to take a step back if needed.  It seems the more choices I have, the more stuff that ends up in a box under my reloading bench.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

The question is if you adapt to a new gun or barrel or recoil system, will your scores improve?   How many matches are you willing to not shoot to your skill level just to adapt to equipment.

I will change my technique if it will help my results but I'm reluctant to change how I shoot to just to be able to use equipment that may not really suit me.

No problem experimenting but be willing to take a step back if needed.  It seems the more choices I have, the more stuff that ends up in a box under my reloading bench.

Very good question.  The answer is none!  I want my gun back.  I'm used to the weight, recoil, length and more importantly the feel of the gun.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:02 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

I think both. I shoot and dry fire to improve technique. I make mods to my guns to improve my performance. Case in point; last night I shot a match. There was a classifier that I shot my highest HF ever. Why was I able to do this? one, I have been working on handling the gun better. I have learned to index better with it and how to better manipulate the trigger. I have also gotten used to indexing the optic.Two, I have upgraded equipment in and on the gun to improve performance. I put a crimson trace green laser and sighted it for 7 yrds. I put a Burris FF3 and have it sighted for 18 yrds. I changed out the buffer and spring and changed out the fire control assembly. ALL these together worked in unison, along with the the shooting gods smiling on me. 

So yes, it is in my opinion, a combination of all you mentioned.