Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Off The Plane To "double"

dirtypool40

Just thought I'd brag a little.

Back in Bolivia.

Had a blast while home, no practice but got to shoot four matches, and got the open gun slicked up but good. Shot three classifiers (91%, 93.5% and 88% <_< , wet ground, don't ask).

Anyway, so I get off the plane, a zombie and go stumble around all day. Oh did I mention the airline lost my bags?!?!? Yes the bags with the equipment in them!!!

So the next day 9am they call me to come get them, and thank God everything is there. I head home, load up some 9mm HE and head to the range, for our monthly match.

I enter both matches (Open and Standard). Now it's usually a battle between me and another gringo for Standard, but I haven't shot open with a gun that would through a whole stage.

Long story short, I won both matches, Standard over my buddy Mike by 100 / 87% and Open over two former Bolivian National Champs and the IPSC regional director by 100 / 88%.

In Open I just shot smooth and boring, two D's all day and right with the times they put up. I let them beat themselves.

I had one really bad stage in Standard, the first one where I borrowed a 19 rounder I had never tried and had four jams, but eye problems and all I only had one mike on a long target. Other than that it was smooth consistent sailing for a guy who ain't practiced in three months.

These guys make a big deal out of awards at even local matches, calling out top three for every stage etc. They were not happy campers as the scores finalized.

This weekend we have the Bolivian Nats. If I can get a day off I may go up to La Paz and shoot in Open. Keep your fingers crossed.

Just thought I'd brag a little. B)

Thanks.

They run a yearly points race for local braging rights and they were not happy about what I did to the curve at that match. Both the races are pretty close, especially without me in them, and fights almost broke out about where to put my scores and if I could count in one, both or niether.

I don't care, I won't be here, but man do they take this stuff seriously!!!

It did feel good though, I really felt in control all day, and hell I got to shoot 12 stages, so what's not to like? :P

I don't want to jinx myself, but the NAts in La Paz are coming up. My buddy Mike is the top dog in Standard, and I beat two prior Open champs this past weekend. I won their nats in Prod my first trip down, and Standard last year. I would REALLY like to have all three, but I don't know who they have lurking up in La Paz. And who the hell wants to RUN a field course at 13,000'???? WTF!!!! :blink:

For Pete's sakes the FAA says you need oxygen at that altitude!!! :huh:

Eye thing is about the same, thanks for asking.

HEY!!! Where's PaulW??? I need an attaboy from the coach!! :angry:

Had a blast, and although it never occured to me until I was chatting with ZHunter, I had no trouble going back and forth between guns, even though I was shooting them literally less then ten minutes apart. Granted, I am not Super-G level (yet!!) but it ain't the big deal I expected, although I still shoot the Standard gun better.

Attn: SmittyFL, PaulW, JeffG and the rest of the Gunshine State crew; I'm charging up my batteries, coming home soon and I will be ready for my ass kicking!!! I am so ready to chase the big dogs again. Like Nietze (sp?) said; if it doesn't make me stronger, it'll kill me. ;)

No....wait :huh:

Aw hell, I'll be a GM chew toy, but not forever!!! :angry:

Eric you are way way to humble. I beginning to learn your ways. Praise the guys above you so their heads inflate then you go and pop it like a helium ballon at a birthday party. So stop with all the bullshit praise (well except for smitty who deserves it), get your as back to FL and lets shoot!!

As a side note Eric has come a long, long way. When he crossed over from IDPA to IPSC he was like most of us were, he sucked. He has worked very very hard and has become a really good shooter with a limited gun. And if things go as planned he'll have his M card in open in no time at all. Eric eats, drinks and sleeps shooting. Talk with him for awhile and his passion for shooting really starts to shine. And if the guys he talks about were half as good as he makes us to be then we'd all be contenders at the Nationals (again except smitty, cause smitty is the man).

It was great to have Eric here to shoot with. Just his excitment made me want to start practicing again. Which I have not had the desire to do in quite some time.

Eric you have the potential to make GM in both open and limited. Set your goal and go for it!!

• 3 months later...

Been a while and I found this htread while brushing up fo rmy BOLNATS article for Front Site.

I dogged the BOLNATS so I didn't make my "triple crown" but I did get my revenge two week after. I edged out Mike, but we put a solid 20% on the field.

Then right before I left I shot all three guns, Open, Standard and a G19 in Production. The damned Glock wouldn't run on borrowed ammo, but I shot prett smoothly in the other two winning 11 of the twelve stages total, Open by 11% and Standard by 14%.

Then of course, I sold all three guns. :wacko: Dum bass.

Been a while and I found this htread while brushing up fo rmy BOLNATS article for Front Site.

I dogged the BOLNATS so I didn't make my "triple crown" but I did get my revenge two week after. I edged out Mike, but we put a solid 20% on the field.

Then right before I left I shot all three guns, Open, Standard and a G19 in Production. The damned Glock wouldn't run on borrowed ammo, but I shot prett smoothly in the other two winning 11 of the twelve stages total, Open by 11% and Standard by 14%.

Good show, sir! As reliable as Glocks are, I know this was a downer.

Then of course, I sold all three guns. :wacko: Dum bass.

Doh!!