Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX TF magazine extensions

MPX, go with Taran pads.  I have a TF for my Colt style mag, not worth a dime. Changed the spring, still no luck. Put it back to factory, works great.  I have a Brian Miller for the Colt and it is great.  MPX, pull the base pad off and put on the Taran and shoot a match with out a worry.  Save your money on the TF.  Wish I could get my money back.

I have the TF +10s. They need an extra-power spring to lock back on last round. So I bought a bunch for all my mags. 

Unfortunately, with these new springs, I can only get 36 rounds.

Those 36 were super tight in there too, so I ended up downloading to 34 out of concern they’d cause a feed issue. Very disappointing, considering I could get 35 rounds by just trimming the stock base/spring keeper. 

I plan to try the Taran +11 extensions. Or maybe the Springer Precision? I’d love to hear others’ opinions. 

Two Springer extensions, and they work great with the extra power springs (and I still get 39 with no strain.  40 feels like something's going to break.)  Like others, no LRBO without it.  I keep a stock 30 for IDPA, though.

Have TF extensions for the Tavor and they're great too, but Springer has this wonderful cheap ($5) engraving option to put your name on the basepad.  I can be... forgetful of where I put stuff, and I like having my name etched into a magazine that's nearly a $100 investment after the extension.

6 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I use the Taran Tactical base pads with his spring. I get 41 rounds in the mag that is very loadable with a Maglula loader. I have not tried the TF or the Springer on my MPX magazines. Thanks, Eric

Hi Eric - no feeding issues using Taran's uprated spring, and loading to 41 rounds? NICE! I think I'll be picking up a few.