Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So, the Little Shooter and myself are putzin' around town yesterday before I go to work. Suddenly, shadows fly over my truck and then very, VERY loud jet engine noises. Then very close, low jets go screaming by. Five of 'em. Really low.

Little Shooter giggles and laughs. (I'm very tickled at her reaction.) It was LOUD!! We live close to Mitchell Field, we get airplane noise pretty routinely, so I normally don't even notice it. I almost rear-end the car in front of me, and in turn almost get rear-ended myself. (Friday afternoon traffic on the freeway.)

It is the Blue Angels. They are in town this weekend for two shows, they must have been practicing when we saw them yesterday.

I saw them a couple years ago in Milwaukee, won't be able to this year because of work.

They are awesome. Make me proud to be an American, and proud to be a former (Battleship) Sailor.

I believe something similiar is posted elsewhere on the forum, that unbelievebly loud noise really is the Sound of Freedom. I realize this more and more as I get older. Thank God folks like that are out there.

About twenty years ago I was a young sailor with the temp job of watching the wheels of the jets as they landed at NAS Cecil Field, Jacksonville FL. One day the press came to the tiny terminal and started asking questions. Seems the Blue Angels were coming to town and they were flying the new FA-18's. Boy was it a feeding frenzy!!! All the brass was floating about, the civilians were dressed up. And the Blue Angels just flew in and parked!!! Professional as it gets. No flash, no excitement. They were scoping out an alternete site in case of storms. They did end up parking on the ramp from time to time, but I always laugh about the attention they got for a fly-over!!!

Got to meet a few of the mechs back then. Impressive bunch they were. Just the type I expect are a part of Air Force One.

Too Cool!!!

hmph, system fell off and dropped my post...

Anyway, back in the day when the Blues were flying scooters (A4's) they used to use the lake I lived on for practice before our annual airshow. It was great, a week of free previews.

Just a humoruos note.

The AF Thunderbirds were at Eglin AFB for one of their weekend shows. The show was over and the crowds long gone. I had to come back out to work and was driving along the flightline. The Thunderbirds were in the planes and readying to taxi out and leave. All of a sudden you heard this loud roar and the Blue Angels came over about a 3story building high, Buzzed down the line of the Thunderbirds and deployed smoke. They then continued west and returned to PNS. Seems they had been out on a practice run and decided to pay a profesional courtesy call.

Just a humoruos note.

The AF Thunderbirds were at Eglin AFB for one of their weekend shows. The show was over and the crowds long gone. I had to come back out to work and was driving along the flightline. The Thunderbirds were in the planes and readying to taxi out and leave. All of a sudden you heard this loud roar and the Blue Angels came over about a 3story building high, Buzzed down the line of the Thunderbirds and deployed smoke. They then continued west and returned to PNS. Seems they had been out on a practice run and decided to pay a profesional courtesy call.

I was watching the Blue Angels practice once in Loveland, CO, seems the Thunderbirds were up in Cheyenne, WY (aboyt 50 miles away) at the same time. The Thunderbirds did a low flyover when all the Blue Angels were on the ground.

Wonder if these 2 teams every fly together, or at least have a few beers together.