Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arex Rex Alpha

Maks_H

1 hour ago, Maks_H said:

Sorry my bad, read your post wrong got confused since I have a little different system in Alpha since it is preseries. I don't have FPB inside. You were spot on for Rex Zero 1. For Alpha is little different, since trigger bar directy engages sear not through FPB.

Since I will m ore then likely get an alpha : Would still like to see what you are referring to with the bar. Thanks 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Rickenbacker53 said:

MAks just bought an alpha So would appreciate that mod when you have time: 

Sure. But most of the reset on Alpha you can shorten with pretravel screw just the last bit where the pretravel screw won't work you can modify trigger bar. 

Hopefully alu triggers with pretravel screws will go out for sale next week. 

8 hours ago, Maks_H said:

Sure. But most of the reset on Alpha you can shorten with pretravel screw just the last bit where the pretravel screw won't work you can modify trigger bar. 

Hopefully alu triggers with pretravel screws will go out for sale next week. 

I here what you're saying I was going to ask that very question : Did I read correctly that this new trigger will also work in the REX Zero 1 models ?  I assume rex firearms will send an email if you're signed up for the Updates

4 minutes ago, Maks_H said:

Yes it will. I will post here ASAP when they will be available in online shop.

Last question I have a Ghost Holster I bought to fit My Rex Zero 1 : I know I can make that fit. I saw this holster below from RexFirearms but can't find it to purchase . Do you know where these are sold? 

REX Alpha Holster.jpg

Took possession of Alpha on Friday. Have only shot one mag so far . Used one of my Rex Zero 1 Magazines. Extremely quick to pick up the sights (BOTH EYES OPEN). Gun balances and recoil as stated by others is almost null. I haven't modified the springs yet. DA is very close to the REX Zero 1 (After installed competition springs)  I used My Ghost Holster I use for My REX Tactical and it fit with little if any adjustment.   Looking forward to FF Trigger Mods Becoming available soon. 

So a few times during stages I've had my reloads hang up, my mags not dropping free. I can recreate it during dry fire intermittently but I can't see what's causing it and it's not frequent enough for me to really study it. Any tips? It's killing my times.

13 hours ago, vlj1216 said:

So a few times during stages I've had my reloads hang up, my mags not dropping free. I can recreate it during dry fire intermittently but I can't see what's causing it and it's not frequent enough for me to really study it. Any tips? It's killing my times.

Put some oil on magazine catch, can be a little stiff and not pressing it enough can cause magazine sticking. 

When it happens during shooting, check if the slide pushing upper round in the magazine forward it can hang on the barrel ramp then and magazine will not drop free. 

Put some oil on magazine catch, can be a little stiff and not pressing it enough can cause magazine sticking. 
When it happens during shooting, check if the slide pushing upper round in the magazine forward it can hang on the barrel ramp then and magazine will not drop free. 
Thanks, I'll try some more oil on the catch. And yes I'm familiar with the slide partially stripping the next round forward a little and causing a hang up at times when dropping a mag. I first ran into that with my CZ 85 Combat then my Shadow 2. My fix for that was to polish under the slide where it passes over the next round. The Rex is doing that at times but also hanging up on empty mag releases. All times with a full firm press. I have a match tomorrow so I'll polish and oil up and try again.

On another note, the lightest spring will cause light strikes, I don't reload so I'm not sure what primers it's happening to but it does happen, usually a second double action pull gets it off. I really like the pull with the lightest spring, I'm hoping the new parts (trigger, extended firing pin) will let me keep using the spring with perfect reliability.

41 minutes ago, vlj1216 said:

Thanks, I'll try some more oil on the catch. And yes I'm familiar with the slide partially stripping the next round forward a little and causing a hang up at times when dropping a mag. I first ran into that with my CZ 85 Combat then my Shadow 2. My fix for that was to polish under the slide where it passes over the next round. The Rex is doing that at times but also hanging up on empty mag releases. All times with a full firm press. I have a match tomorrow so I'll polish and oil up and try again.

On another note, the lightest spring will cause light strikes, I don't reload so I'm not sure what primers it's happening to but it does happen, usually a second double action pull gets it off. I really like the pull with the lightest spring, I'm hoping the new parts (trigger, extended firing pin) will let me keep using the spring with perfect reliability.

You shouldn't be getting light strikes on brass cased ammo of any sort : I have had that issue with steel and poly cased ammo but never brass. My Arex Rex Zero 1 Tactical has a lighter Trigger then my New Alpha. Because I have messed around with it . THe DA is lighter then what the Alpha comes from the Factory like. No primer issues at all. 

Edited by Rickenbacker53

I see what's happening, the magazine release has to be pressed and held until the mag passes by and clears the paddle style release itself. It has about an inch to travel, if the release is released during that time it will hang up. You can see in the pic where the release drags on the mag. Also, the mag release extender hits the grip. When compared to the opposite release it doesn't travel quite as far because it hits the grip. A little trimming on the grip will take care of that or just don't use the extension. No big deal, different guns different styles. And as for dragging across the next round, slide polished.79b4fdc0d7b02378328c3cba307797f5.jpg1ccd174e8dba33e0d3d0e390256e5502.jpg

You shouldn't be getting light strikes on brass cased ammo of any sort : I have had that issue with steel and poly cased ammo but never brass. My Arex Rex Zero 1 Tactical has a lighter Trigger then my New Alpha. Because I have messed around with it . THe DA is lighter then what the Alpha comes from the Factory like. No primer issues at all. 
Gotta disagree with you there. Too light of a hammer spring will most definitely cause light strikes with certain primers. On my Shadow 2 I use an 11.5lb hammer spring which, when combined with a reduced power firing pin and spring gives me a SA pull weight of 2.5lbs & DA 6lbs. Anything lighter, like an 8.5 spring will give light strikes and must be used with Federal Primers.

34 minutes ago, vlj1216 said:
1 hour ago, Rickenbacker53 said:

Gotta disagree with you there. Too light of a hammer spring will most definitely cause light strikes with certain primers. On my Shadow 2 I use an 11.5lb hammer spring which, when combined with a reduced power firing pin and spring gives me a SA pull weight of 2.5lbs & DA 6lbs. Anything lighter, like an 8.5 spring will give light strikes and must be used with Federal Primers.

My remarks were in regards to the Arex line of Pistols : I don't do the competition shooting anymore. That was never my thing : I do appreciate the skill required to participate 

Edited by Rickenbacker53

My remarks were in regards to the Arex line of Pistols : I don't do the competition shooting anymore. That was never my thing : I do appreciate the skill required to participate 
Ok that's cool but lighter hammer springs and fine tuning apply to any gun. The Alpha is shipped with three different hammer springs and the Alpha is first and foremost a competition gun.

To light spring in Alpha or Zero1 will cause light strikes, but the good news is that tuned trigger will open the window for additional 2lbs on DA. Which means that whichever ammo is on the ignition limit with tuned trigger that limit will be 2lbs lower. 

2 hours ago, Maks_H said:

To light spring in Alpha or Zero1 will cause light strikes, but the good news is that tuned trigger will open the window for additional 2lbs on DA. Which means that whichever ammo is on the ignition limit with tuned trigger that limit will be 2lbs lower. 

And the tuned trigger should be here by end of August?  Will they have enough to last more then an hour or 2?

35 minutes ago, Rickenbacker53 said:

And the tuned trigger should be here by end of August?  Will they have enough to last more then an hour or 2?

You will be able to order directly from Slovenia for 10$ shipping fee. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 1:31 AM, Maks_H said:

Yes I know for a fact that shipping is 7 Euros which is approx. 10 US Dollars. 

Excellent, I just ordered a Alpha to try out side by side with my Stock 2 and Limited pro. Should be an interesting comparison. Make, if you don’t mind posting a website for where we can find current parts for these guns on here. I’m interested in seeing the new trigger, thanks.

Edited by Malarkey