Arex Rex Alpha

Maks_H

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/31/2018 at 10:12 PM, vlj1216 said:
On 12/21/2018 at 11:16 PM, Balistix said:
Haven't had any issues, mine arrived in Austria yesterday.

Can you give us a little review on the trigger?

Will do as soon as I get around to installing it. May take a while though. 

On 12/23/2018 at 5:23 PM, aRjayboy said:

Hello! I am a soon-to-be-owner of a Rex Alpha. Still waiting for it to arrive in the Philippines. I will be a lurker/reader for now as I cannot giveout any kind useful information at this point as all my useful information right now beyond whats published in the website is from this thread but ill pick up first quarter of 2019 when I get my hands on this unit and test it out.

Im an active competition shooter using a RIA Pro Match Ultra 40s&w for Standard Division, Glock 19 for both Production and Carry Optic divisions and Ruger PC Carbine for Open PCC division. Aside from competition, Im a defensive training/shooting advocate too. Im hoping soon id be able sharing my thoughts on both side of the spectrum (competitive and defensive) as well. Im choosing Rex Alpha over a CZ Shadow2 or Tanfoglio Stock 3 (because it has rails) because the Rex Alpha seems to be versatile enough to possibly take on competition and tacticool roles unlike the latter that are seemed to be fully geared for competition only. Plus looks of the Rex Alpha is so undeniably sexy and TactiCooL rolled into one! Though Im yet to see how it will play along with my g19 which currently has the role of production, carry optic, daily carry and defensive training gun.

This will be my first time dipping my toes on the DA/SA side of things since I started shooting at age 7 (im 33 now) so i appreciate all the information that im soaking up from all of you. Thank you! :)

same here sir waiting to arrive in PH and soon to be owner of Rex Alpha by end of the 1st Qtr 2019. Mabuhay

OK, anyone have any info on upgrades? Maks has evidently vamoosed.
And so has my Alpha lol, sold it, I've moved on. Maybe aftermarket support will pick up one day and I might go back to the Alpha but for now I don't see it heading in a positive direction. Back to my S2.

• 4 weeks later...

I shoot the gun in the stock configuration and do not see any need for changes/upgrades. That constant tinkering seems like a favourite American pastime to me - no offense.

As far as tested loads go, I have shot various factory loads through it (CCI, Fiocchi, S&B, Magtech, Federal, ... 115, 124, 147 grain bullets... FMJ, JHP, etc) and it ran without a single hiccup.

DA is indeed extremely heavy, but SA is incredibly crisp (better than a CZ Shadow 2 I'd say)... almost no takeup, very clear wall, crisp break and extremely short reset. Biggest advantage over the S2: after the reset, the trigger is directly at the wall again, while the S2 has some takeup even after firing a shot and resetting the trigger.

Edited by Balistix

1 minute ago, Balistix said:

I shoot the gun in the stock configuration and do not see any need for changes/upgrades. That constant tinkering seems like a favourite American pastime to me - no offense.

As far as tested loads go, I have shot various factory loads through it (CCI, Fiocchi, S&B, Magtech, Federal, ... 115, 124, 147 grain bullets... FMJ, JHP, etc) and it ran without a single hiccup.

Can you please tell me what weight bullets shoot the most accurate and what the approximate velocity is?

I am planning to leave the gun stock don't want to tinker with it. But do reload ammo.

36 minutes ago, Balistix said:

DA is indeed extremely heavy, but SA is incredibly crisp (better than a CZ Shadow 2 I'd say)... almost no takeup, very clear wall, crisp break and extremely short reset. Biggest advantage over the S2: after the reset, the trigger is directly at the wall again, while the S2 has some takeup even after firing a shot and resetting the trigger.

Another favorite American pastime is reloading so we don't have to shoot that crap ammo.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:13 AM, vlj1216 said:

And so has my Alpha lol, sold it, I've moved on. Maybe aftermarket support will pick up one day and I might go back to the Alpha but for now I don't see it heading in a positive direction. Back to my S2.

I to have given up on the Fime Group & Arex. I owned the Alpha 1 week never shot it and sent it back to the dealer. The day I decided to purchase the gun I contacted both Arex and Fime to inquire as to what the factory recoil spring weight and dementions were and if there were optional ones available for reduced power loads. A simple request you might think but these guys acted as if  I were asking them to share top secret

company information. Really, after having emailed both parties several times with out replies and calling Arex company and getting no answer I gave up. Fime Group couldn't even get the answers to my questions from Arex. 

So after having worked in the retail market and having good customer service drilled in to me.

I decided that with out customer support I would take my money elsewhere. My last email was to both parties expressing my dissatisfaction and telling them I was returning all merchandise purchased from them because they appeared not to give a crap loosing a new customer. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 10:12 PM, vlj1216 said:
On 12/21/2018 at 11:16 PM, Balistix said:
Haven't had any issues, mine arrived in Austria yesterday.

Can you give us a little review on the trigger?

Finally got around to installing the trigger together with the light hammer spring and fired 300 rounds through the gun.

The sport trigger is a little wider than the factory trigger and is curved in a different way, essentially increasing trigger reach (didn't measure by how much). The surface feels smooth and personally I quite like the increased trigger reach and wider trigger.

The light hammer spring made the DA trigger pull much nicer than before, almost like a CZ Shadow 2 minus the take-up. Nonetheless, the DA trigger pull remains gritty. SA wasn't influenced much, except maybe for the wall being a little less defined.